Jump to content
3D Coat Forums

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'gunship'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General 3D-Coat
    • Announcements
    • 3DCoat
    • 3DCoat Printing
    • 3DCoat AppLinks testing
    • New Releases and Betas
    • SOS! Only for official urgent help
    • Off Topic and General CG Related
    • InstantLight Real Time Render
  • Galleries & Challenges
    • Official Contest
    • Community Challenges
    • Finished & Wip projects
    • Archived: Gallery of Finished Works
  • Resources & Development
    • Feature requests
    • Tutorials and New Feature Demos
    • SDK, Plugins and Programming
    • 3D-Coat Exchange Library
  • Russian Forum
    • 3d Coat
    • Поддержка
    • WIP
    • Уроки
    • Предложения, вопросы
  • Gallery & Competition
  • French Forum - Forum Francophone
    • Questions relatives au Forum Francophone
    • Discussions sur 3D-Coat
    • Tutoriaux
    • WIP Travaux en cours
    • Galerie Travaux Terminés
    • Hors Sujets et Créations numériques 3D / 2D associées
  • German Forum - Man spricht Deutsch
    • Fragen und Antworten zu 3D Coat
    • Tutorials
    • Stellenanzeigen

Calendars

  • Community Calendar

Found 1 result

  1. Kenmo's WIP

    Here's a starship model I created. The base mesh was created in Groboto3D. Additional parts I modeled in Wings3D and Hexagon. All the pieces were assembled using Hexagon3D. I tried using 3DCoat and later Silo3D. But I find Hexagon3D is so much more precise for assembling parts on a model due to the fact I can manual enter in the x,y, z positions and rotation with numerical values via the keyboard. I think the same thing can be done in Silo3D. I initially created this model a couple of years ago. But the base mesh close to 800,000 polys. I tried to retopo but gave up (too much work and not a very frustrating experience). I then tried decimating the model in 3DC's sculpt room. But it messed up the topology and the edge flow. So I then brought into Hexagon and manually reduced the polygons. For me, it seemed to work better and was so much more faster then retoping... It's now about 360,000 polys. I now need to uv map and texture.
×