3DCoat Forums

Request to merge Tweak room inside Paint room like another set of subtools

Carlosan

• Reputable Contributor

+1. Just add an icon to the toolbar, that pops up the tool panel for the tweak room. While we are at it, please add an icon for the UV Texture Editor (that hides and unhides it). That tool is like the (Paint Room's) milk, and all other tools are the cereal. No sense hiding (access to) it away in some menu list.

• Contributor

Well I don't know. I don't have access to the doc (left the share), but he didn't seem interested, he integrated 2-3 lines and I've never seen him again, no word. There could've been tons more enhancements but I lost interest (and faith to be honest).

I don't care if the ideas don't make it into the app (even if I still think we really thought out things for the user), but that silence killed me.

• Reputable Contributor

Well I don't know. I don't have access to the doc (left the share), but he didn't seem interested, he integrated 2-3 lines and I've never seen him again, no word. There could've been tons more enhancements but I lost interest (and faith to be honest).

I don't care if the ideas don't make it into the app (even if I still think we really thought out things for the user), but that silence killed me.

He gave me and another member here, the silent treatment on Multi-Threading. But he eventually came around to it. It's not that he didn't intend to do it at some point, but it required him shutting himself away in a cabin for a month+ to do it. That's why I sound like a broken record regarding the prospect of upgrading/recompling 3DC's implementation of CUDA (to 5, which is cross platform now). I don't think he feels the cost/benefit ratio is high enough to be a high priority. But, he underestimated how much of a difference Multi-threading would have, too. So, I think CUDA 5 throughout the app would be BIG.