3DCoat Forums

Female head

philnolan3d

I have plan (but don't expect it quickly) to make procedural layers. It will help much to make skin and landscapes. For example you will work with objects 4-5 M with texture 2k x 2k. But on export you will be able to get texture 16k x 16k with good quality because layers will have additional modificators that will generate details on the texture. So if you have material for nose you will assign the material to layer and paint on nose. Other material will be assigned to lips... During the export details will be additionally generated on the fly. It will allow to get result like from meshes on 256 000 000 of polygones and even more.

It are just plans... But maybe they will come to reality one day.

• Advanced Member
I have plan (but don't expect it quickly) to make procedural layers. It will help much to make skin and landscapes. For example you will work with objects 4-5 M with texture 2k x 2k. But on export you will be able to get texture 16k x 16k with good quality because layers will have additional modificators that will generate details on the texture. So if you have material for nose you will assign the material to layer and paint on nose. Other material will be assigned to lips... During the export details will be additionally generated on the fly. It will allow to get result like from meshes on 256 000 000 of polygones and even more.

It are just plans... But maybe they will come to reality one day.

Andrew, its sounds non less then fantastic, i should say! Kind of vector format for textures under the hood of 3DC, so up res is nearly lossless ? Wow... wow again :rolleyes:

philnolan3d, good model, i like the topology, i'd like to see finished texture.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I posted about this. I attached a body to the head that I had modeled in the past This means that I've actually been working on this character for about 2 years now. Just pushing a few points whenever I have some free time.Most recently I've just about finished modeling this "armor" for her to wear. The details of it will be done in 3DC as soon as I set up the UV maps.

http://www.philnolan3d.com/blog/uploaded_i...p_01-701450.jpg

This outfit is based on the ones worn by Kahm, the main character from the old Outlanders manga series. Partly from this image and one other cover where the outfit is slightly different:

http://www.philnolan3d.com/images/temp/OUT...UE_00_COVER.jpg

Here's an update on the head from earlier, not sure what the black spots are, but they will be covered by hair anyway:

andrea_wip_17.jpg

Edit: Here's another angle

andrea_wip_18.jpg

Hi,

concerning the blackspot i had similar problem on my model. It was an overlapping problem on the uv.

Concerning the modelling i found that the ears and the nose are not enough "round" , and the eyelid are just straight lines, maybe with some curve line it will be better.

keep up the good work