3DCoat Forums

Reliable - universal cross platform support

PoopaScoop

• Advanced Member

It's evident that the applink support falls short in many instances for example 3dsmax 2013 has been out for the last six months and has no support also other have issues of it not working at all with their software. As a touted feature, it;s very disappointing to find that applinks do not work after all for you.

I think it would be beneficial if 3dcoat supported the FBX format a little better, to the degree that texture maps would appear in their relevant slots when opened in 3dcoat. Personally I use mudbox over 3dcoat painting because, I'm not willing to set up all my shaders again, each time.

Thanks

I'm aware of the 3dsmax 2013 update link, in the back of said app thread, but like many it does not work for me.

What about ALEMBIC ?

http://code.google.com/p/alembic/

Alembic is an open framework for storing and sharing scene data that includes a C++ library, a file format, and client plugins and applications.

It was initially developed in 2010 by teams from Sony Pictures Imageworks and Industrial Light & Magic, and development continues today.

• 2 weeks later...