3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Contributor

Tony, maybe we're talking about different things. It's only contents of one VoxTree layer that disappeared, while in your case it was the whole VoxTree if I remember correctly.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Updated to 16C to fix problem.

Thanks! No more crashes with Mark seams and Edge Loop. I'll mark the Mantis report as resolved.. Looks like I can't do it as a reporter.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

I'm having a problem with editing an instance without the edit showing up in the other instances and the original. At one time I thought there was a selection in the voxel menu for converting an instance back in to an editable state but maybe it only appears when "instance" is in the volume name? Nope, it doesn't change the menu with instance in the name. Perhaps saving an instanced volume as a 3B file and opening it as a replacement? Any suggestions welcome. :(

The same occurred to me but restarting gave back the Vox Tree.

since i am using 3Dcoat , ( 4.0.03), i had behavior from the app. so now when i get a odd issue i do prefer to save my scene under a different name, and then open a new instance of 3dcoat and load the the saved scene file to check if the problem happen too. that's a bit weak an suffer of memory leaks :/

1. for a time when i passed from voxel to paint and after a fex hour was back on the app to continue my work, the vox layerwas all switched from voxel to surface mode, i don't know why , it happens several times but 4.0.13 hhas fix this issue.

2. another moment it was the marked seams that looked strangley in voxel room,reopening the scene into a new instance , resolved the problem again.

3. yesterday again with  4.0.13, it was the voxel roomm > merge > subdivide before to drop the mesh into the workspace.

i get few other similar issues i can't remember well,  so i will  not  to mention them there.

• Reputable Contributor

I'm having a problem with editing an instance without the edit showing up in the other instances and the original. At one time I thought there was a selection in the voxel menu for converting an instance back in to an editable state but maybe it only appears when "instance" is in the volume name? Nope, it doesn't change the menu with instance in the name. Perhaps saving an instanced volume as a 3B file and opening it as a replacement? Any suggestions welcome. :(

The command is near the bottom of the instance toolbar. Of course it will no longer be an instance but a separate volume...

Andrew, I noticed the link for the download is still 16B and not 16C. The download file is correct just the web page has not been updated.

post-518-0-85702600-1394062889_thumb.png

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

Can someone reproduce this crash?

1. Open 3D-Coat

2. In Startwindow: Select voxel sculpting

3. Select the smallest default voxel sphere (1st one)

4. Switch to Retopo room

5. Click on UV->Mark seams

-> crash!

Happens in version 4.0.16B

In the retopo room for that version I get a crash every time I try to use the Select Tool or Mark Seams.

For 4.0.16C, at first glance, it appears those problems are fixed for me...but I really need to spend more time with it to be sure.

Edited by alvordr

• Contributor

Andrew,i just noticed using new Creaseclay that setting very high detail value like 5 does not make the polycount explode and really stays steady and fast at any radius providing just the needed sharpness....very cool!! ! :) it makes it much faster to use,especially when crossing over already tesselated areas.(and Im using extremely low spacing values)

Great improvement!

Edit: Been using it for all morning,really great!! :)  the main issue is really how much it weakens with really small radius.

Or if somebody (like Beat) use even weaker wacom pressure setting then the brush becomes even weaker... I guess allowing just a wider range of depth and let user decide min-max of slider would solve the issue (it works like that in mudbox: Doubleclick on slider start/end to set fixed min,max value (of course user need to enter value numerically to make slider broader/smaller after that..).

Not sure how hard that would be to implement :) Seems its hard to adapt ot everyone....In worse case scenario I guess I could live with making myself multiple presets based on radius usage but a better solution would be welcomed.

• Contributor

I'm attempting to create my own Spline for the curve tool.

The Spine: 

post-1430-0-34778700-1394149308_thumb.pn

And the curve:

post-1430-0-21294500-1394149343_thumb.pn

The orientation appears to be correct but as is (not solid), it wont survive and it is scaled wrong. What am I doing wrong? Can I get the Spline setup back or must I reload the profile?

• Applink Developer

Just an idea I had. Right now CreaseClay works the way that it will fill the hole brush radius with same density. But it could work smarter. The most density area should be 

the center of your brush ( where the crease is) but father it goes from the center, less density it should become. I think that that way we can have same results with less triangles.

Just an idea  :)

post-1165-0-37372300-1394185863_thumb.pn

• Advanced Member

Ver 4.0.16C - trying to invert a material in the Paint Room just makes it disappear, even though it may have a lot of highs and lows.  This looks like a bug maybe?  Can someone else test?

Edited by alvordr

• Reputable Contributor

Ver 4.0.16C - trying to invert a material in the Paint Room just makes it disappear, even though it may have a lot of highs and lows.  This looks like a bug maybe?  Can someone else test?

Confirmed in 4.0.16C for materials.  Also to test I loaded just a black and white image into the material panel. This one disappeared as well.

The regular mask are correctly inverted so no problem there.

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

Ver 4.0.16C:  I realized as I was in the Paint Room and tried to load a custom palete that the dialog to load the palete pops up in a position greatly offset from where I'm clicking to bring it up, making it hard to "chase to" the dialogue fast enough to select "Load..." before the dialogue goes away.  Anyone else having that problem?

• Advanced Member

I have just tried importing a high resolution mesh into the voxel room without voxelizing, then imported my low resolution in the retopo room in order to bake my normal map as I prefer doing it in 3d-coat. As soon as I clicked mark seams I instantly get an error and 3d-coat crashes. I tried this five times and it did not work once. This was in version 4.0.16B. I then uninstalled that version and installed 4.0.14A and was able to mark the uv seams with no problems whatsoever. Can anyone else confirm this with a different model? I will try to submit a Mantis report on this as well.

• Advanced Member

Just tested it and it works, thanks again, didn't realize I didn't have the latest version. And thank you Andrew for all your hard work on this program and for listening to your users!  :D