3DCoat Forums

Paint Your Own Metal Plating With Rivets in 3D-Coat

• Advanced Member

Nice work Shawn! :)

I've got a question, When you "baked" that texture....I thought cool, I've never even seen that in Cararra before. I will check it out,but I could not find it.So I paused your vid...would I be correct in saying that "bake" was a plugin? I noticed you had "Anything Grooves" was it that? tell me, tell me, tell me! I would like to see that finished, I will keep an eye on your blog/blogs!

ps I know you are only messing about with this Jet fighter, but it would probably have CSK rivets for smoother airflow :p: ..But then you would not see them would you.....and snap head rivets are cool on stuff are they not!.

( I used to rivet aircraft for a living,many years ago, that's why I am being pedantic!...in a jokey way!)

• Advanced Member

I used the Baker plugin for Carrara 5.1 Pro. It's from Inagoni. I don't know if the latest Carrara has that plugin included by now.

I used the tile pattern function shader that comes with Carrara. And the rivets were added using the Enhance:C plugin from Digital Carvers Guild.

My modeling style is to exaggerate things. Then tone things down if I want more realism. The finished Rampart was used for a 2013 calendar available next month.

• Reputable Contributor

Nice work you are doing on your aircraft and the tutorial...

I have Version 5.1Pro as well. The baker plug-in is a great tool and I noticed it right away in your video . It great for making textures that can be use as shaders for 3DCoat as well.

I been thinking about upgrading to version 8 but blender is meeting my needs at the present time. Carrara 5 running under wine worked on my linux machine but refuses to render since I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04. I do have an older windows computer that has Carrara 5 so I am not out of luck. Carrara, I have always enjoyed using it and still love it's renderer.