3DCoat Forums

Model covered in weird bumps?

SolacenHaven

• Contributor

Does this stuff help? I'm not sure what exactly is needed. http://i.imgur.com/pRMab.png

It does say your using a resource hungry program (3D-Coat) with a resource minimum PC. But that wouldn't be the origin of your problem. Are you in the "Paint" room? If your operations are in the Voxel room, the "distortions" you speak of would be normal (you could use the "Smooth" tool to erase all that surface noise) or, better yet, you could simply start over by importing your model in to the paint room using it's original UV map.

It does say your using a resource hungry program (3D-Coat) with a resource minimum PC. But that wouldn't be the origin of your problem. Are you in the "Paint" room? If your operations are in the Voxel room, the "distortions" you speak of would be normal (you could use the "Smooth" tool to erase all that surface noise) or, better yet, you could simply start over by importing your model in to the paint room using it's original UV map.

I just did what I normally did with my old computer (which had a better chipset and stuff) and I get this problem. When I try to smooth it nothing happens, the dots just move around a little.

Do you have two models? Two layers maybe? Another possibilty is that you are in the voxel room (is that what you call it?) with wireframe turned on. With a heavey mesh and wireframe on the display will be simular to that because there are just too meany edges to display. Maybe that's it.