3DCoat Forums

Beauty

farsthary

Hi :)

I also started trying my own medicine, this is my first attempt using LC tools as an "artist". Not as spectacular as all seasoned artists here but the purpose is to spot bugs and workflow issues. :p:

will continue adding polygons and eventually will try other areas of 3D Coat.

beauty-mix1.png

beauty-3.png

post-5788-0-72118600-1352348503_thumb.pn

• Like 1

• Contributor

Great model. Try merge objects or use curve tools for legs. From my side I didn't have success with this operations.

Thanks

This, try to convert parts in voxel then back to surface and merge them.

Try to resym often with liveclay mesh.

Try to use crease clay and reduce often to spot holes/tears.

Yes, I have found so far several issues, mostly related with other tools interacting with LC, like muscles that creates wrong normals and causes LC to explode or have flipped faces, nothing catastrophic because Reconstruct can easily correct wrong local mesh and or some on manifold parts. Will try adding and merging parts.

• Advanced Member

Well done Raul!

Some more crisp details on nose, eyes, mouth. Maybe.

I have found so far several issues, mostly related with other tools interacting with LC

You may report them to Mantis. If you can reproduce the issue. :D

Are you gonna retopo it? Better avoid thin areas, you can make them thinner after... You can't do this in in 3dcoat? You can in blender, you may find it more capable on such cases.

• Advanced Member

Yes, I have found so far several issues, mostly related with other tools interacting with LC, like muscles that creates wrong normals and causes LC to explode or have flipped faces, nothing catastrophic because Reconstruct can easily correct wrong local mesh and or some on manifold parts. Will try adding and merging parts.

Excellent to hear and see your results. When you say 'reconstruct' do you mean when using the 'CleanClay' brush?

Before you start merging, please ramp up the polys, in surface mode and then try to merge something detailed, using 'merge to' or 'move to'

Ricky.

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Where is the Reconstruct tool, or is the reason I can't find it related to the preset brush menu issue. Is there anyway to remove preset brushes from the spacebar quick menu at the top.

Also, I have come across the black patch bug. CleanClay works randomly on fixing it.