3DCoat Forums

LC Cartoony Head Test

David Schoneveld

• Advanced Member

I wanted to try out the Live Clay stuff that I happened upon only recently by reading this thread and was like wait what? Is this in 3DC? It is and I'm excited by the addition to my workflow. Anyway did a quick test sculpt since I wanted to experiment with it, me likey! Awesome work farsthary!

3dc_guySpeedSculpt.jpg

• Advanced Member

Thanks guys. I'm learning techniques on how to better smooth and create cleaner lines right now. I'm playing with a combination between smooth, decimate/reduce, and the shift smooth function of different brushes. In the above tests (as you might notice in places) I didn't know how to smooth very well since I was only really using the tool shift smooth in the LC menu not even trying the surface smooth brush.

I still haven't got it down to a science. I still get lumpy bits here and there that are tricky to get evened out.

• Advanced Member

Excellent little sculpts. Yes, pinch and cleanClay will help you get nice crisp edges and better smoothing.

Excellent little sculpts. Yes, pinch and cleanClay will help you get nice crisp edges and better smoothing.