3DCoat Forums

I am glad to tell that 2.09 is released. There was more then month since previous update, so it is like double update :)

The list of features:

1) Merging new objects is possible now! You can add new sub objects like eyes on your WIP.

2) 3D-Coat SDK released.

3) Different uv-sets are placed on different textures, it allows you to use display memory more efficiently and get better quality.

4) LWO import improved - support of multiple UV-sets placed on different textres. Some LWO import bugs was fixed.

5) Vector displacement import/export via exr files.

6) It is possible to tweak uv-set in View texture mode. You can do it using RMB in wireframe mode.

7) Now you can edit not only in 3D, but in UV-plane! It is really complex change. Almost all tools support work in 2D and 3D. Just open View->View/edit/tweak textures and uv-sets and see how it works.

PaintInUVPlane.jpg

8) Seamless painting in uv-plane. It is easy now to use 3D-Coat to create seampless textures and paint bump. Just go to File->Import image plane

SeamlessPainting.jpg

9) You can choose resolution of every uv-set during import and change it any time. Also, you can change resolution of mesh separately for every uv-set.

ChangeResolution.jpg

10) Additional view mode for texture in UV - layout: shaded model

ShadedView.jpg

11) Now you can group several materials (surfaces) into single uv-set

UVSetsManager.jpg

12) Select and move now supports symmetry.

13) Gradient select in sculpt mode works better with symmetry and works much better now.

14) Image picker has got navigation controls to scale/move/fit image

PickerNavi.jpg

15) Wacom pen has got better support: opacity jitter is add for pen and every jitter can depend on pressure if you want. Some wacom - related bugs was fixed.

PressureDependence.jpg

16) New option in fill tool using gradient - filling with opacity fading

GradientFillingTypes.jpg

17) ... and filling with spherical gradient

SphericalGradientFilling.jpg

18) New menu item - View->Browse to understand the structure of 3DC folders better

Browse.jpg

19) Move along motion in pen settings now works with symmetry

20) New nice preview of pens and smart hints

NewPensPreview.jpg

21) it is possible to edit/export/import pens as 16 bit tiffs with 7 cannels - RGBA, Depth, Specular, Erase mask

22) small icons over materials to indicate what layers are in material (depth/color/specular)

23) Soft stroke mode improved much. It can be activated by ALT + S

24) Pen depth can be picked using key 'G'

26) You can copy ccolor/depth/specular/freeze mask separately usint topological copy tool

27) Smudge/collapse/expand tool on paint level

The link is below:

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-209-en.exe

• Advanced Member

thank you, Andrew downloading now. Seems like christmas everyday here :lol: I wonder what you have in store for 2.10 , surprise us !

• Advanced Member

Great work as usual! thank you Andrew! but

10) Additional view mode for texture in UV - layout: shaded model

why not add displacement/bump map view mode in uv-layout?

14) Image picker has got navigation controls to scale/move/fit image

why not navigate just in 3d-view?Alt+MMB to pan and Alt+RMB to zoom?

Other language version have problem, is it the other language xml files not includ in the install package?

post-641-1210992710_thumb.jpg

Great work as usual! thank you Andrew! but

why not add displacement/bump map view mode in uv-layout?

Because I have normalmap and color texture in realtime (in video mem), but have do displacement...

why not navigate just in 3d-view?Alt+MMB to pan and Alt+RMB to zoom?

yes, may be I will do so soon...

Other language version have problem, is it the other language xml files not includ in the install package?

I have updated the link, there was my mistake. Of course last 30-40 strings are still in English.

Released version 2.09

I noticed that the select with gradient tool no longer works with symmetry mode. Drag points no longer work in symmetry mode also.

I have checked and it works like it was in all earlier betas:

Drag with points newer worked with symmetry.

Select with gradiend works with simmetry, bit it means that axe of selection becomes parallel to symmetry plane, no more.

So, you cant select both arms with gradient... I hope it will be done in one of the next versions.

• Reputable Contributor
I have checked and it works like it was in all earlier betas:

Drag with points newer worked with symmetry.

Select with gradiend works with simmetry, bit it means that axe of selection becomes parallel to symmetry plane, no more.

So, you cant select both arms with gradient... I hope it will be done in one of the next versions.

You are correct. I had forgot that select with gradient only works on the parallel plane. I must have been uplate one night because I thought for sure that drag points work at least with move. :blink: . No more late nights for me!

• 2 months later...