3DCoat Forums

DDO beta is out!!

artman

• Reputable Contributor

This combined with 3DCoat shader baking capacity(when merging to ppp with Nmaps)

could really be a deadly combination!!!

You mix ddo layers in 3Dcoat with a few picmat shaders and bam!!!

http://quixel.se/ddo/

I'm not sure I understand the workflow. Pictmat shaders? You mean bake Pictmat shaders (during merge to Paint Room) from 3D Coat as a starting point > export model > use DDO however > import layers/textures back into 3D Coat for further tweaking?

• Contributor

I'm not sure I understand the workflow. Pictmat shaders? You mean bake Pictmat shaders (during merge to Paint Room) from 3D Coat as a starting point > export model > use DDO however > import layers/textures back into 3D Coat for further tweaking?

DDO just need norm maps + color masks to allocate materials.

you do all your color scheme +environmental tears and wears in DDO then

export to 3dcoat and start mixing with baked picmats shaders layers using Blending modes

to achieve "real materials" look.

• Advanced Member

I only had time to look at the demos, but it looks like it sits inside Photoshop... like a set of super filters and layers that you have complete control over. And yes, it also looks like the only thing you need is a normal map and to break your object up into filled coloured layers and export as a colour map. So I presume you'd be able to merge to paint room using 3DC shaders and then let DDO do all the grime, dirt, etc. The only downside I could really find was that models run the risk of having that 'DDO' look. But hey, if the client's happy and you've cut 3-4 hours out of your workflow, then it's got it's advantages.

is like Substance Designer but better ?

http://www.allegorit...signer/features

To add this feature to 3DC will be the next winner winner dev future.

Imagine to convert UV to SVG

and use the paths to generate Procedural Painting

adding a mantis request lol :D

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=813

ty !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Just gave this a quick try with a simple model and normal map. Eventually got it to load, however the image preview is very temperamental. Sometimes it will load a cube instead of your model, and when it does load your model, I get this:

http://www.quixel.se/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=686&d=1356101297

• 6 months later...

export to 3dcoat and start mixing with baked picmats shaders layers using Blending modes

sorry mummy post resurrection :blush:

mantis request

0001089: RGB Automap Islands from your highpoly model

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1089

tbmtrender_rgb_c.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Please artman. A video would be amazingly helpful! :D

• Reputable Contributor

I'm guessing that dDo support within Coat never became a reality?

Thought Andrew was looking at adding dDo or Substance Designer type functionality natively...not simply supporting one or the other. Don't know for sure what's on the road map, in that regard

• Advanced Member

Thought Andrew was looking at adding dDo or Substance Designer type functionality natively...not simply supporting one or the other. Don't know for sure what's on the road map, in that regard

if true: AMAZING!!!!

• Advanced Member

Oh by the way. I've learnt more about dDo and I'm willing to do a tutorial on a workflow that works in 3D - Coat to dDo and back to 3D - Coat. I think after watching some tutorials, artmans explanation to get real looking materials makes plenty sense now :)

I found the swatches for the material definitions a few nights ago and I tried them out (I loaded the ASE palette for them into Coat). They work really nice you can fill your UV's directly in Coat and then export your diffuse as a colour map (you can export again if you have a base diff that you wanna use for your textures) then you can import the colour map, diffuse, normal map and AO (if you have one) into dDo, I've noticed the more maps you provide dDo the better the results will be. The main 3 though would be your normal map, colour map and if you have a base diffuse, use that to.

dDo automatically makes an AO from your normal map so it's up to you if you want to make an AO map in Coat or leave dDo for that. I'll do a short video of this when I'm home for anyone interested :D