3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Voxel Not Showing Up After Being Put Into Paint Room

alvordr

• Advanced Member

Hello. I've been using 3D Coat for about a week now. I have a model that I've sculpted from a sphere, performed a AUTOTOPO per pixel on (I think) and took into the Paint Room. The problem I have now is that I cannot see the voxel anymore in the voxel room to sculpt further. It shows up in the VoxTree, the eye icon is on, but I cannot see it in the viewport, even when I click on the [ALL] icon at the top right near the [Camera].

Have I made it impossible to do further voxel sculpting to, and am I now stuck with sculpting in the Paint Room? Is there a way to reimport it to be a voxel shape again, such that I can do this? Thanks.

• Advanced Member

Can you show a screen shot?

A screenshot won't do much, as all I would be showing is me in the Voxel room with nothing there, or being in the Paint room with my model there. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I've looked at quite a few tutorials and still don't feel confident in the 3D Coat's internal workflow.

A voxel sculpture automatically appears in the Retopo Room as a "base" for adding topology - whether created automatically or manually.

If you have sculpted something, just click the "Retopo" tab and start adding a mesh on top of the Voxel sculpture, using the Retopo Tools. Once you have created a "closed" mesh, use one of the "Merge" commands from the "Retopo Menu" to bring the topologized mesh into the Paint Room (and the UV Room). It's this Merging process that allows you to start texturing or altering the placement of UV structures.

Greg Smith