3DCoat Forums

Is this true? Adobe is giving Photoshop CS2 for free, actually all of CS2

• Advanced Member

yes - a few friends and colleagues downloaded and installed it. Apparently Adobe didn't mean to give it for everyone for free initially, but then are backpedalling and having to agree with it as far as I know. I never went to the links because I already own CS6. pretty sure it's for real.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Photoshop CS2 I downloaded and it is running good so far under Wine in Ubuntu 12.04. Photoshop also picks up my tablet pen's pressure. I was not sure if it would see the tablet and be able to use the pen pressure running under Wine.

• Advanced Member

Thanks for posting this. I have downloaded it and started to install. I was able to check Photoshop and it seems to work fine. I had been learning Gimp because I no longer had access to Photoshop at IADT since I stopped attending.

Autodesk should do this with version of 3Ds Max and Maya that are older. That would be great.

Thanks,

• Advanced Member

this was a mistake on their part. they're not giving this away for free.

The versions folks are downloading were created because the authentication servers for CS2 are being taken down, rather than cutting off CS2 users from being able to run their software they made versions that didnt require internet activation. some fool then put them in an unsecure location

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks for posting this. I have downloaded it and started to install. I was able to check Photoshop and it seems to work fine. I had been learning Gimp because I no longer had access to Photoshop at IADT since I stopped attending.

Autodesk should do this with version of 3Ds Max and Maya that are older. That would be great.

Thanks,

That's actually a very good idea. I think Maya 7 for free would be awesome.