3DCoat Forums

Pure Retopology in 3D-Coat

• Contributor

New Retopology training available from my webstore HERE We look at all the basic tools including Autopo tool and then work through 3 project based workshops covering a wide variety of topics.

Teaser from the 'Wrench' project

Teaser from the 'Game Face' project

You can use the Coupon code of 3DCOATFORUM to qualify for a £6.99 discount from the store price.

Hope you like :)

• Like 1

• Contributor

One report that using GOM player causes Low volume levels, however This seems derectly related to GOM player. If you find this to be the caser please use more reliable VLC.

For those that prefer not to use the HTML menu system for video navigation please find the individual videos in the videos folder of the installation.

• Contributor

Thank you for all the positive feedback so far guys, Its very encouraging :) I will endeavor to listen and respond to all. Im soo glad you all like this series so far, it was great fun putting it together.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Your sneezes and coughs gave it a really human touch! :D I learned about when to turn off snapping and the invaluable flexibility of the Add-Split tool and especially the use of Baking Parameters, of which I was hardly aware. Adjusting the triangulation and it's effect on baking was new to me. Excellent stuff, Leigh, and a tutorial on creating such detailed models (especially with all the new LC tools) would be very welcome. This morning will be devoted the the head series.

• Contributor

Thank you Tony, I get the message, LOL

Carlosa got me thinking of the next title, and im thinknig it needs to be a live clay Overview. I'd really like to use a likeness excercise as well but the trouble is i think larger portions of the video would have to be time lapses because its a bit different to sculpting generic stuff, getting and maintatining a likeness is the tricky part. Maybe the first section should be a narrative and in and out of timelapse, followed by LC overview. or maybe the first section of the sculpt would be added to theend as a kind of Bonus section?

What ever it will have to wait a couple more days as i can hardly speak at the moment :(

• Advanced Member

Hi LJB,

I clipped the following from your homepage. Is this still in the works and is Pure Retopology in 3D-Coat a part of this series?

Anouncing 3 New Training Titles in Production

With the imminent release of 3D-Coat v4 we are working on 3 new project based workshops, where we will show you how to get the most from the software.

3D-Coat Fundamental Skills & Concepts

We will look at Gui, Navigation and the fundimental concepts that make 3D-coat stand out from the crowd when it comes to Sculpting and retopology.

3D-Coat Intermediate Skills

We take a Project based look at some of the finer aspects and produce two high quality assets.

3D-Coat Advanced Skills

We will look at producing a AAA standard character Start to finish using advanced techniques, giving you all the skills you will need for a one stop Asset creation pipeline.

I will Update these pages as we have images and Introductions so keep checking back.

-Leigh

• Like 1