3DCoat Forums

messiahStudio6 PRO EDITION Today $299

• Contributor

To be fair, there are apparently a couple of really nice additions,

But

I kind of agree with Don ... right now it does feel a little like a .5 update. Of course, some companies charge for .5 updates, so I don't resent updating.

It's always possible more coming though, since it's not 'officially' released yet. They're calling it a soft release.

• Reputable Contributor

To be fair, there are apparently a couple of really nice additions,

But

I kind of agree with Don ... right now it does feel a little like a .5 update. Of course, some companies charge for .5 updates, so I don't resent updating.

It's always possible more coming though, since it's not 'officially' released yet. They're calling it a soft release.

I went ahead and got in on the early bird upgrade price, before they bumped it back up a bit, but had I seen the feature/improvements list, I probably wouldn't have. It's probably worth it if you are a power user (of the application). but not so much if you are a casual user.

I guess the speed improvements in hair rendering, the origami skelevision thingy, and AA may be worth it for some. I really was hoping for some type of muscle system, dedicated facial rigging system (that makes it much easier to rig and animate...like tools such as BonyFace for 3ds Max, Face Robot in Softimage, or Face Machine for Maya) and/or 3D Connexion support, but oh well...you get what they give you, I suppose. May I have another clump of Oatmeal, please? :p: