3DCoat Forums

Wrap around blur?

popwfx

• Advanced Member

Anyone know of any Photoshop plugins or other such app that lets you do *proper* wraparound blurs while creating seamless textures? The blur filters in Photoshop aren't seamless so the edges don't wrap around and create seams when you try to tile blurred textures. I'm looking for a blur method that takes into account the pixels on the other edge when it blurs the edge pixels. I can't seem to find anything like that.

I know Luxology/Modo used to have a standalone seamless tool, but I think they've abandoned it and there is nothing similar that I can find.

I know I can do it in multiple steps, Gaussian blur, offset by half, select a feathered region around the seam and content-aware-fill, but I'm looking for something a little more true to what I'm trying to achieve with the underlying pixels.

What do you guys use when wanting to paint seamlessly or tweak existing photographs into seamless textures? thanks :)

• Advanced Member

thanks - I was mostly looking for a photoshop plugin or addon, and both of these tools seem to be normalmap texture creators, and it's hard to tell from their websites, but I assume they include blur, and that blur is seamless? & do you suggest either over the other?