3DCoat Forums

funshark bugs report & features requests

funshark

I create one topic for all my suggestions since it's more easy to follow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|| BUGS ||

|| FEATURES ||

- Ability to close each opened window with a click on a cross button

- A single window for brushes parameters, and an other one for presets. Actually we have some parameters on the top and some on the right, and presets we cannot change on the left. A bit too complicated.

- Having Cursor image changing when we activate the color picker ( to understand we are using it ).

- Separate, into the menu bar on the top, things related to the 3D view rendering and things about windows hiding/showing.

- Possibility to switch between linear interpolation and no interpolation for texture. ( Like in the pic above )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free, any of you, to comment any of my lines, please. I want to know what people think.

|| BUGS ||

- The rendering of the texture in 3D view is weird. There is many glitches on color borders already in and on borders of painted stroke. It's difficult to have precise feedback and to do precise work.

Please explain, show sample/screenshot.

|| FEATURES ||

- Ability to close each opened window with a click on a cross button

- A single window for brushes parameters, and an other one for presets. Actually we have some parameters on the top and some on the right, and presets we cannot change on the left. A bit too complicated.

- Having Cursor image changing when we activate the color picker ( to understand we are using it ).

- Separate, into the menu bar on the top, things related to the 3D view rendering and things about windows hiding/showing.

1) agree 100%. Will do in one of updates.

2) Also agree.. Not so easy as(1) but I will move in this direction

3) Easy, will do it soon

4) Agree, there should be separate View and Window sub-menus. Also easy to do.

• Advanced Member

Do you use an Hypernurbs (to smooth the model) modifier with Bodypaint ?

If you use some, what kind of Uv smoothing do you use ?

In 3d coat, wkat kind of Uv smooting did you select, when you loaded the model ?

Do you use an Hypernurbs (to smooth the model) modifier with Bodypaint ?

If you use some, what kind of Uv smoothing do you use ?

In 3d coat, wkat kind of Uv smooting did you select, when you loaded the model ?

I don't use anything specific in bodypaint. I open my mesh in maya and then i switch to bodypaint thanks to the plugin.

Then i deactivate all the fancy stuffs like lighting, to have better perception of colors.

It's a low poly mesh on the screencap; around 1800 tri.

In 3D coat, i'm using the default options. There is anything to do to have better rendering? If so, it's weird :)

ok

the bug i mentioned is typically what we have here http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...?showtopic=1385

So it's related to texture resolution....

But, i don't understand why the resolution isn't good with default parameters. If we have to tweak this every time we load a mesh, this is not nice :(

ok.

I can't find how to change texture resolution to have better result.

I have tried :

- View > Uv-sets manager

- Edit > Change mesh and texture resolution

My texture is 2048*2048. It's the same in the two panels above. Nothing to change.

So, for me it's still a bug.

Plus, when i'm using colorpicker or brush on the mesh, the interpolated pixels under move crazily. It's obvious there is something with the texture rendering here.

I'm on a computer equipped by a geforce quadro with last drivers and i've tried both openGL and directX exe > same results.

Or maybe there is a fancy option to activate somewhere?

Please set mesh resolution to 4M and texture size 2K x 2K and you will get much better result.

There is per vertex on the patch painting, so mesh resolution is important.

Ok, the 4M resolves the thing...

I had lowered the mesh resolution because i thought i don't need so much poly since it's a low poly work and i want to see precise uv on tri .

Why this choice?

Ok, the 4M resolves the thing...

I had lowered the mesh resolution because i thought i don't need so much poly since it's a low poly work and i want to see precise uv on tri .

Why this choice?

Painting is performed not on uv-set directly, but on microvertices. Every face divided into patch and painting is performed over that pach. It is like ZB's vertex painting but better because there every face is divided into 2x2, 4x4, 16x16... subfaces but 3DC divides on NxM subfaces - proportionally to edge length.

Direct painting over uv-pixels will be available in 3.0