3DCoat Forums

robot

robotbob

hi there. I am working on some robot surfaces.

3D coat is doing a wonderful job giving me the elements i need to build great vray shaders. one thing that is taking me a very long time is the edges. Manually painting the masks to remove paint and rust from all metal edges is taking a very long time using brushes and curve tool.

does anyone have any tips for this ? It would be SO great if 3dcoat had a curvature shader to target these areas. Am i missing something ?

thanks

ROBOT_01_ARM_GRADE%2000000_13_o.jpg

ROBOT_01_ARM_GRADE%2000000_9_o.jpg

ROBOT_01_ARM_GRADE%2000000_16_o.jpg

Edited by robotbob

• Advanced Member

Nice video. Could accelerate the process probably. But I wonder if you'd get realistic scratches directly with it.

You should post this kind of request in the "Feature request" forum if you wan't to have a reply.

I don't know enough about 3dCoat to tell you if it is possible or not.

• Advanced Member

Robotbob, I had a try with Vray (the demo version). It seems to be a great render tool,

though I lack knowledge to use it properly. Unfortunately it is too expensive for me

to buy right now...

You seem to use chromatic aberration on your shots. Or is it a kind of 3d stereo view?

Looks great so far.

Just one crit on the design: the cylinder between the legs. I'd cover it with a metal plate.

But it is just my own taste speaking.