3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

Just been going through the manual. Well done to all who contributed on that. One thing I did notice (no biggy) is the second to last page appears to be blank - or a very thin horizontal page.

Agree with Digman, seems to be very stable too.

• Reputable Contributor

You know, 5-6 yrs ago, who would have thunk it....that this little obscure app., that nobody had ever heard of (until Larry Shultz mentioned it on the Newtek Forums) would give the industry standard, ZBrush, a real run for it's money...and within such a short timeframe?

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

I bought 3D-Coat - Full Professional Version Win&Linux V3, so now i need to upgrade both keys (2x84$)?

I bought the same thing and I also bought a Win&Mac license...I was able to update all 4 for $188

I believe the way it works is $84+$10 for the second license. I'm pretty sure Andrew mentioned that somewhere.

So you should only have to pay $94 if you update them both at the same time.

-G

• Like 1

I bought the same thing and I also bought a Win&Mac license...I was able to update all 4 for $188

I believe the way it works is $84+$10 for the second license. I'm pretty sure Andrew mentioned that somewhere.

So you should only have to pay $94 if you update them both at the same time.

-G

Thx for reply!!

• Reputable Contributor

The live clay section of the v4 user manual has a lot of good information. :)

I agree. Artman did a fantastic job on it. Only issue is a few typos throughout. Maybe Greg can proofread it once more and make the corrections.

• Contributor

I agree. Artman did a fantastic job on it. Only issue is a few typos throughout. Maybe Greg can proofread it once more and make the corrections.

It was my first time dealing with pdfs so i used photoshop saving my psds as pdfs wih text,I though it would allow me to edit the text in a pdf editor afterward but it seems I could only select /copy the text it was impossible to edit it, I thought I could edit since I could select/copy the text...I even installed acrobat to see if something could be done but still the text was uneditable(at this point I didnt have the original psds anymore).I feel so bad for those typos,they are so obvious. :( And as for Greg well, he had the entire manual to deal with which is quite an enormous task so I dont think he should have had to correct my typos.

Wow, I'm so excited about this as I download v4 now. I'm really, very excited like a child at Christmas ^_^.

I keep telling firefox to download 3Dcoat faster. lol

Thankyou Andrew and everyone for this wonderful piece of software. I've been excited since I noticed the email this morning. :)

Edited by Ruth Spacecookie Andrews

• Advanced Member

It was my first time dealing with pdfs so i used photoshop saving my psds as pdfs wih text,I though it would allow me to edit the text in a pdf editor afterward but it seems I could only select /copy the text it was impossible to edit it, I thought I could edit since I could select/copy the text...I even installed acrobat to see if something could be done but still the text was uneditable(at this point I didnt have the original psds anymore).I feel so bad for those typos,they are so obvious. :( And as for Greg well, he had the entire manual to deal with which is quite an enormous task so I dont think he should have had to correct my typos.

Illustrator will do it.

• Advanced Member

I forgot to mention yesterday and thank Andrew plus team for I think releasing the most stable official version of 3DCoat yet... :good2:

Is it the 4.003 build available in account downloads?

I will transition my work to v4 now and the most important is stability and compatibility with v3 files.

• Contributor

Congratulations on the release of a new version, team! :drinks:

It's a very good news!

Well... not for my wallet, which will get a little bit thinner, heh heh, but nevertheless I'm very glad Andrew finally did it.

Now...

Like Carlosa already said, it's... time for posting features!!! :p:

i got it once, but when a new version was installed, the problem was solved

if not, right button refresh all icon shaders solve the trouble too

Edited by carlosa

• Reputable Contributor

i got it once, but when a new version was installed, the problem was solved

if not, right button refresh all icon shaders solve the trouble too

Re-installing a new build didn't do it, but refreshing the previews did, somehow. Thanks

Anybody else having the old shader balls mixed in with the new previews? Basically, if you created modified versions, you still get the old style, while the basic default shaders get the new preview. Not good.

137048176906.jpg

Some day you copied contence of Program files\3D-CoatV4\ to MyDocs\3D-CoatV4\ (I seen your folders structure) and it generates constant problems. This time you need to delete file MyDocs\3D-CoatV4\ToolsPresets\PreviewObject*.obj

and refresh previews then.

• Advanced Member

Andrew, Thanks for the tips. I noticed this shader display problem at home (but not at work -> I use the same license on two different pc).

I also found small issues that I can list up here:

(Last release V4)

- The cloth tool didn't work properly at work, but works at home (?)

- The reset scale position and axis of primitive cylinder didn't work at home or company.

- At some point the "rotate along Y axis" rotates the model along another axis (both home and company install).

Anyone noticed something like that?

I'm trying to convince my boss to upgrade the licenses we use at work. Crossing fingers!

Updated to 4.0.04 (Win)

Changes:

- VRML2 export/import for better compatibility with 3d-printers

- File dialog for Windows got better functionality (just become standard) - http://3d-coat.com/files/filedialog.png

- Baking ppp->ppp problem fixed, there was unnecessary seams while baking

- Clear all layers button in layers panel

- more convenient placing for primitives - "Place on pen" options and sub-options, see primitives tool

- different other mantis reported problems fixed

It is in regular downloads.

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to 4.0.04 (Win)

Changes:

- VRML2 export/import for better compatibility with 3d-printers

- File dialog for Windows got better functionality (just become standard) - http://3d-coat.com/files/filedialog.png

- Baking ppp->ppp problem fixed, there was unnecessary seams while baking

- Clear all layers button in layers panel

- more convenient placing for primitives - "Place on pen" options and sub-options, see primitives tool

- different other mantis reported problems fixed

It is in regular downloads.

Where is that? When you click on Download on the mainpage, all you get is the Trial section and it takes you to a page asking for your e-mail. There is no link at the beginning of this thread. It takes you to the same login. I can't find it anywhere.

http://3d-coat.com/download/login/

Anyone wanting to dowload this build has no option but to login and enter their name/info just as a new user would, trying to download a trial. Not good.