3DCoat Forums

Baking 4.0

alvordr

• Advanced Member

Anyone else notice issues when baking in 4.0? I didn't have this problem with the beta about 3-4 pt versions ago, but now with 4.0.2 I'm noticing some areas that should bake don't. For instance, I have black areas show up on one side of a symmetrically retopologized model. One side works just fine, the other doesn't.

Edited by alvordr

• Reputable Contributor

Anyone else notice issues when baking in 4.0? I didn't have this problem with the beta about 3-4 pt versions ago, but now with 4.0.2 I'm noticing some areas that should bake don't. For instance, I have black areas show up on one side of a symmetrically retopologized model. One side works just fine, the other doesn't.

Did you ever click "Apply Symmetry?" There is no mesh on the opposite side until you do so. What you see by default is the Virtual Mirror mode, but it's just a preview. Not the actual copying of the mesh to the other side. That's my guess, not sure without being able to see it.