3DCoat Forums

Unable to download

Lizzie

Hello,

I've been trying to download 3D Coat 3.7 and even tried v4, but it freezes the download process at different times, but always near the start of the download. Is there some kind of maintenance going on at the moment?

• Contributor

Yeah my downloads take like 30 or 40 minutes. I have a so-called high-speed cable internet connection. A while ago the downloads used to be very fast (just a few minutes), but ever since Andrew started to include ALL the different versions (DX, DX CUDA, GL, GL CUDA) and also the instruction manual I think, it now takes much longer to download. I used to download and test EVERY beta, but now it takes too long...now I just download the betas every few months or so.

Download: Approx. 15.9 Mbps

Upload: Approx. 9 Mbps

Time to download 3DC v4:

Opera: 3 minutes 13 seconds

Firefox: 3 minues 24 seconds

Firefox 21 and Opera 12.15 Build 1748

Download: 2.44 Mbps

Upload: 1.74 Mbps

-----------

Speed test below with Speedtest.net

Download: 20.92Mbps

Upload: 4.18Mbps

I had no issues until the V4 RC were introduced.

It took me around 4hrs using Google Chrome

Edited by jcue

• Contributor

3D-Coat server:

Download: 1.42Mbps

Upload: .66Mbps

Local server (sent from New Mexico to Colorado USA):

Download: 25.39 Mbps

Upload: 3.42 Mbps

V4 Download time: 37 minutes

Using Firefox Version 21

Earlier versions of 3D-Coat (Version 3 and early Version 4) downloaded much faster (5 minutes maximum). Current versions take a long time.

I am curious as to what form of ISP Javis is using to get such a fast connection to the 3D-Coat server.

Edited by TimmyZDesign

• Contributor
Can't complain here.

Download - 24.92 Mbps

Upload - 9.05 Mbps

Time for downloading V4 .exe - ~1:43 min

But I'm not that far from Ukraine, so that's probably why I never had problems downloading stuff from your servers.

Sometimes the connection starts slow, with like 30 kbps or so, but after several seconds it goes full speed. IIRC it's normal for TCP connection.

• Contributor

Hmmm this is very interesting!

I tested the connection to the USA VPS server last week and got about 20 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. I think that was on June 14th at about 9pm USA Mountain Time Zone.

Today (June 17th) I tested the connection to the USA VPS server again and got only 1.02 Mbps download and 1.16 Mbps upload. The time now is 10:30pm USA Mountain Time Zone.

Why are the download/upload speeds so different just a few days apart? Does time matter? Should I attempt to download during the day instead of at night?

• Contributor

Maybe the traffic is different or somebody is under a denial of service attack. I watch Netflix streaming video at night.

What is a "denial of service attack"? Do you mean the 3D-Coat USA VPS server might be under attack?

In any case, if Pilgway is paying to use a server here in the United States, then shouldn't they be getting a consistent and reasonable download speed from that server?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just tried to download V4.0-05 and my estimated time left is 3hrs. I initially thought it was my setup but I have no issues downloading big files from other sites. Any updates regarding this issue? :D

Thank you

• Contributor

I down loaded it in about 7 minutes this morning Pacific time. Where is "Oly"? Your downloading is taking place at 10:06 PM my time when, as I say, there is a whole lot of streaming going on.

I down loaded it in about 7 minutes this morning Pacific time. Where is "Oly"? Your downloading is taking place at 10:06 PM my time when, as I say, there is a whole lot of streaming going on.

I'm in Olympia Washington...Pacific time as well. I will try on a friends computer today to see if it's just my pc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...