3DCoat Forums

Rotate By Degrees for Materials and Masks

alvordr

• Advanced Member

This is very near the top of my wish list of things I would like to see added.  Already the 2D grid will rotate by degrees, and it has a very similar interface.   Materials and Masks should, too.

The other wish i have is a simple way to constrain a brush to draw horizontal and vertical, like in photoshop.

• Advanced Member

@ Wailingmonkey   Thanks!  I do most of my work in the Vox room. There, holding shift (left click or not) just smooths without constraining.  I had overlooked that constraint feature in the paint room. Now I see that sometimes it might be better to paint depth in the pant room rather than try to do the same work in the vox room.

• Advanced Member

Oh...yeah...sorry Pix, not sure why I assumed you meant constraining within the Paint room. (maybe due to thread topic
I've now gone astray from, lol ) Anyhow, I agree it would be handy in Vox room too. Thankfully there are other tools that
while not as immediate, can still be used for constraining (E-panel choices combined with brush type, 2D grid, curve tool
on 2D grid and ortho view, etc.). Maybe put in a request thread or mantis for it? (you've got my vote) :)