3DCoat Forums

Tutorial: Creating a 3D model for video games - Topic: Fantasy "war hammer" (English)

Are you going to finish this series? I would very much like to see the rest of the process, including Marmoset rendering.

Thank you!

Hi Plastik.

Yes I will finish this series. We are in the master phase of our game project since some months and so I am forced to work more than usual but I have already prepared the basic texture material for the next episode.

Then I had a heavy cold for over three weeks and problems to speak... Not good for recording tutorials. :)

My plan is to record the next episode on friday this week. If all goes well the next video will be published on weekend.

Best wishes

Chris

Hi Plastik.

Yes I will finish this series. We are in the master phase of our game project since some months and so I am forced to work more than usual but I have already prepared the basic texture material for the next episode.

Then I had a heavy cold for over three weeks and problems to speak... Not good for recording tutorials. :)

My plan is to record the next episode on friday this week. If all goes well the next video will be published on weekend.

Best wishes

Chris

Excellent! I look forward to seeing this project completed.

Cheers!

Thank you Tony.

Unfortunately the recording hour run very fast... I was surprised how fast the time flew away yesterday. Maybe because painting textures is one of my most favorite tasks in creating graphics. :)

Best wishes and thank you for watching

Chris

@Ingo: Aber sicher doch! Wie immer! :)

Kommt als nächstes. Gebt mir nur etwas Zeit. Eine Stunde Video sind mindestens zwei Stunden Aufwand. Sobald ich wieder Zeit hab, ist die deutsche Version dran.

• Like 1

@Ingo: Aber sicher doch! Wie immer! :)

Kommt als nächstes. Gebt mir nur etwas Zeit. Eine Stunde Video sind mindestens zwei Stunden Aufwand. Sobald ich wieder Zeit hab, ist die deutsche Version dran.

Besten Dank! Schönen Sonntag noch :)

• 1 month later...

Hello friends.

The final episode of my tutorial series how to create a Warhammer model for video games is online!

This part completes my series. I hope you have had some fun and learned the one of other workflow for your own models.

It would make me happy to see you on my YouTube channel in the future too!

Best wishes

Chris

tutorial_modelset_teaser.jpg

For all who are interested I have a small offer. My first gumroad download content shop related to my tutorials.

If you are a fan of my tutorials this package could be interesting.

There is a detailed description for the content too. Just click on the image in the shop.

Visit my shop: https://gumroad.com/taros

See it as a support of my production. But only if you like of course.  :)

Thank you
Chris

• Like 2

I received some comments about my package. Don't be confused by the image above. The model pack includes the whole 3D-Coat scenes with all layers! Not the basic models only.

Some people don't know that you can click on the image in the shop to get the whole product description.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Chris

• 1 month later...

tutorial_modelset_teaser.jpg

For all who are interested I have a small offer. My first gumroad download content shop related to my tutorials.

If you are a fan of my tutorials this package could be interesting.

There is a detailed description for the content too. Just click on the image in the shop.

Visit my shop: https://gumroad.com/taros

See it as a support of my production. But only if you like of course.  :)

Thank you

Chris

Small update:

gumroad supports PayPal now.

So you have the possibility to pay with PayPal in my shop.

Thank you for your support

Chris

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just a question:

Are you interested in timelapse videos of my experiments?

The videos just document my rare experiments without targeting any project. Sometimes it makes fun to watch such stuff.

What do you think? Should I publish such videos?

Or do you like to wait for the real hints and tutorials I will publish sometime instead?

I ask this because every tutorial production needs a lot of time to prepare and sometimes it is nice to post some placeholders that make fun to watch in the meantime.

Best wishes

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I would never pay for a timelapse, they're cool to watch but very rarely are they educational. 

I think the only way they'd be able to help you out is if you released them as a cut-down trailer for what's to come. So you'd have a video about 30 - 60 seconds long that skips through sections of your timelapse (ie, not all one big timelapse sequence), maybe some text pops up every now and again over relevant sections, like "sculpting, retopo, bake, texture, etc" and then a pimp at the end to let the users know to watch your gumroad for the tutorial. (also a "coming on X-date" if you know it)

[/opinion]

Edited by Gary Dave

I would never pay for a timelapse, they're cool to watch but very rarely are they educational. 

I think the only way they'd be able to help you out is if you released them as a cut-down trailer for what's to come. So you'd have a video about 30 - 60 seconds long that skips through sections of your timelapse (ie, not all one big timelapse sequence), maybe some text pops up every now and again over relevant sections, like "sculpting, retopo, bake, texture, etc" and then a pimp at the end to let the users know to watch your gumroad for the tutorial. (also a "coming on X-date" if you know it)

[/opinion]

I mean free timelapse videos of course. I would never pay for timelapse videos too. :)