3DCoat Forums

The Foundry's MeshFusion

alvordr

• Advanced Member

OK, this is pretty cool.  If you let the video run long enough, you'll start to see why.  It's similar to what we already have with 3DC, but encompasses non-destructive and hierarchical operations, from what I can tell.

http://vimeo.com/82778571

Edited by alvordr

Was done from the Groboto developer

more examples

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=9&t=84109

non-destructive and hierarchical operations... with live interaction = modeling evolution

this will be cool to develop if hard surface autoretopo give precise results for 3D print

//edit

I forgot to mention... T-Splines is far superior

http://www.tsplines.com/

• Like 1

Modos Mesh Fusion seems to be really a dream that became true. Finaly you are able to model your cutting objects and use them boolean without any problems. What I like very much is the option to work always non destructive. You can adjust your parts all time. Very cool if you ask me.

A combination of strong classic modeling techniques and voxels/live tesselation would be very cool in 3D-Coat too... ;)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Yeah, but then Andrew has to charge at least 600-700$ for 3DC

@MeshFusion: since i have modo now, ill probably buy it in the future,

but what have really makes me sad for 3DC,

how awesome ZRemesher is for  Hard Surface Retopology on the MeshFusion(ed) models.

Zbrush beats here 3DC in its (former) home game (at least for HardSurface).

but what have really makes me sad for 3DC,

how awesome ZRemesher is for  Hard Surface Retopology on the MeshFusion(ed) models.

Zbrush beats here 3DC in its (former) home game (at least for HardSurface).

Yap. Really true. The zRemesher is gorgeous! The retopo results made me speechless.

Looking the image workflow... the big deal will be how to handle objects in memory to interact...

All the boolean operations in 3DC are destructive... to find a way to do it nodal and let the user to add more primitives or surface objects BEFORE to press APPLY will do the trick ?

6389050c447ba206ece734c1894d8ea8.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I think Andrew can implement something similar even with voxel layers. Adding subtract, intersect, additive layers in voxels.

Turn off its effect by the eye icon.

That would be super sweet!

• Advanced Member

Hi ancient regime,

Thats not a real retopo-mesh in modo, thats a mesh generated by the boolean-Modo-plugin MeshFusion, using not destructive boolean operations (and then merged).

That mesh was imported in Zbrush and decimated/retopoed in zRemesher, to get rid of the tris around the seams (merged areas). :)

Edited by chingchong

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I have Groboto and it is pretty darn cool but it's future is uncertain because of Darrell's health...

I've been using Mesh Fusion for a bit now, it's really great, and completely non-destructive in the way it generates meshes. It works even better when you export the mesh for autopo in 3DC, since of course you can get lots of triangles around the strip areas of the merged object. You can make very complex shapes very quickly, and still have it be completely non-destructive. It's an amazing gift from the wizards. :)

It is a shame to hear about the death. I'm sure the rest of the team will continue on in another form, one way or another.

• Advanced Member

That's the way rumors are created.

I read in kenmo's posting "because of Darrell's health" and not "because of his death".

Darrel Anderson obviously had problems some time ago and talked about these in a public letter, posted on the Groboto website

and elsewhere. He's alive and btw. there's at least one more developer.

That's the way rumors are created.

I read in kenmo's posting "because of Darrell's health" and not "because of his death".

Darrel Anderson obviously had problems some time ago and talked about these in a public letter, posted on the Groboto website

and elsewhere. He's alive and btw. there's at least one more developer.

Er, no kidding. I guess it's time to get my eyes checked. That's entirely my fault. Sorry.

Nothing to see here (except mesh fusion), move along. ;)

• Advanced Member

Get a discount for *25% off the MODO 701 Individual License price when adding both MODO and MeshFusion to your cart. Clickhere hurry as this offer won't last for long!

If you have any questions, or want to be part of the chatter, come visit us in the forums!

MODO + MeshFusion is seriously changing the game. Don't take our word for it, though. See why Core77 is saying that MODO + MeshFusion is "the best design software in a decade".