Who is the winner of Challenge 5  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Challenge 5 Winner

• Carlosan
    • Malo

• Contributor

a4fcri1ycyx.png

Challenge Rules:

1. Create a knife, axe, sword, blunt, something futuristic, realistic or a fantasy weapon, do what ever you want, but it must be a melee weapon. No guns.
2. Make it Game-Ready. That means a maximum polycount of 5000 Tris and a maximum texture size of 1024x1024.

3. 75% of your work should be done in 3d Coat.

4. The final presentation of your Lowpoly weapon must include a wireframe.
5. You are free to use every software you want for the final presentation.

6. Deadline -> 07.04.14

7. Winner would be picked via Poll.

If you have questions, please ask.

I wish you much fun with that challenge.

Regards Malo

• Like 2

• Contributor

I am thinking about sculpting a stone tomahawk. Like this one h**p://www.nativeamericanstuff.net/0097-253197-nc_a.jpg. That's a one beautiful work by Navajo artist Goldtooth.

I also thought about this one: h**p://www.nativeamericanstuff.net/18605-nca.jpg which also looks great, especially the beads, but I think fringe would eat up a lot of polygons unless faked by texture, which would be problematic because of their visual depth I guess.

(http://www.nativeamericanstuff.net/American%20Indian%20Tomahawks%20and%20Rattles.htm)

Native American culture was always one of my soft spots, ever since I first read my first Karl May's book.

But I'm not going to start if no one else joins the challenge. :unsure:

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

I have one question about the deadline date:

6. Deadline -> 31.03.14

Am I reading that right? is that 31 March 2014? If I am, we should change that to at least a month out from the challenge start date (of 7 March 2014), if that is not the case, please let me know. :) Thanks! The reason is because we should try to give everyone a little bit of time to work on stuff between day job, family, etc.. I'd like to have a whole month per challenge, even if it doesn't match up with the calendar month's end. If that is OK with you, of course, Malo.

EDIT: Sorry for being over-wordy. I realize now that is the correct date. I don't know how I was reading it just a second ago.

Edited by Javis
Clarification
  • Like 1

• Contributor

@Javis

Sure, we could expand the deadline to 7 April. Would you Edit the First Post please.

@ajz3d

Nice idea with the tomahawk.

I am in too. I would create a mace, but i am still on search for some references that are in my taste.

• Contributor

@Javis

Thanks.

Ugly sketch from me. (First time every i make a sketch in 2d)

post-24378-0-64860200-1394563191_thumb.j

Some wrong proportions, but it should show enough what i want to do.

Anyway. Future sketches would be with pencil and paper.

This is not my world :D

Edited by Malo
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I think I might actually give this one a try. I need to brush up on how to use 3D - Coat. I feel comfortable using it, but I feel I am missing a lot of knowledge on how to use it properly to get very good models out of it.

I think I might actually give this one a try. I need to brush up on how to use 3D - Coat. I feel comfortable using it, but I feel I am missing a lot of knowledge on how to use it properly to get very good models out of it.

That's what these challenges are for. :) I hope to see you join in.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I've made a start on mine. I didn't want it complicated only cos I am still learning. Here is a Karambit Knife. Seen in Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Please give some feedback :)

post-38192-0-37310900-1394828928_thumb.p

Edited by ScrotieFlapWack