3DCoat Forums

Move Topological Brush

Aabel

I'm really enjoying 3d coat, however I am missing some of my favorite brush functionality from zbrush (really the only thing I miss from zbrush). Mainly I am missing the move topological brush and the smooth peaks brush, also is there functionality for auto masking like there is in Zbrush?

• Advanced Member

I won't say that the move tool won't screw up some areas, as I've seen a nasty bug crop up from time to time that causes weird divots in the mesh, but most of the time, it keeps the topology in place.  If the Move tool in Voxel Mode doesn't work for you, try Surface Mode, or vice-versa. 

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately they don't really hit the mark and I realize I should be more descriptive in what move topological does rather than just assume everyone knows what it is.

Pretty handy brush, very useful for dealing with thin structures that are packed closely together. I can do the same thing with freezing/unfreezing parts of the mesh, little more time consuming is all.

• Contributor

Yeah another cool brush from Zbrush is the Magnify brush. I kinda wish that there was one in 3D-Coat too.

I think Raul could actually make both the Move Topological and Magnify brushes for Surface Mode if we asked him to. He seems to be working on exactly those kinds of things right now anyways...

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/22/2014 at 0:55 AM, TimmyZDesign said:

Yeah another cool brush from Zbrush is the Magnify brush. I kinda wish that there was one in 3D-Coat too.

As workaround, can use Pinch tool changing this values

Strength = -20 (or any value with minus sign before number)

Depth = 0%