3DCoat Forums

Bugzzz

Andrew Shpagin

Alpha 24: I can't make a smooth stroke unless I move the pen really slow. See video. At around 18s I switched on Smooth Stroke, ten a few stokes later I turned the Smooth Stroke slider all the way up. Then at the end you can see I tried making a stroke very slowly.

http://screencast.com/t/r5cA8nxbU

• Advanced Member

A bug with "smooth all" , it only works with voxel tools. On surface tools, pressing smooth all well remove any strokes maded. In Alpha 24.

1. Enter VS mode

2. Select "Draw with pen"

3. make a stroke on surface

4. Press "Smooth all"

BTW, thanks for the smooth all function its very useful!! :D

• Advanced Member
I am unable to convert the default sphere to polygone either in GL and DX mode.

The only way i can get it to work is:

1. After clicking "To polygons" save the file.

2. Re-load the file.

3. Click View-> VoxObject 2x, once to hide and again to show and it should now appear.

• Advanced Member

Two bugs found in Curve mode:

-When using profile hemisphere you got a hole ontop of hemisphere, when you look at the curve you can see a little peak, it seems to be the cause of the hole at the voxel model creation.

-Sometimes when the middle cube representing the uniform scaling and an other cube are aligned together (X,Y,Z) if you try to scale with the uniform cube you are tacking one of the axis scaling and you got a non uniform scaling.

-If you try to delete the last curve ball it crash (report sended)

Even when a new file is started, and the old vox model deleted, the Pointers count never drops. It steadily increases while the program runs slower.

Along these same lines, when you start a new file the old model is cleared but the file name is still listed in the menu bar.

Hi all,

Using the trick of hiding/showing the polygon object I was able to start retopologisation.

Wierd though when you load it back in, fist you cant see the retopo surface, the "to polygons" mesh is double size. Going to and from Voxel sculpt and Hid/Unhid a few times reset the size, but now I can't continue with the retopo tools - just does not recognise the surface.

Additionally I am still having files save nothing when the sculpt is over a certain size - though I can't put my finger on exactly what is causing it.

3DBob

• Advanced Member

I've got some renderingissues with my home Pc (intel core 2 6420 2.13 Ghz, 3.25 Go ram, Xp 64, Quadro FX 1500)

When i render in Dx mode, the screen fades slowly to the background gray; I can see some shadows rotating around the model., then nothing happens. I can excape the render by pressing Esc

In GL mode, the render works fine, but i can't escape to go back to sculpt mode

• Advanced Member

As of version 25 the extrude brush is broken. When you use it to subtract instead of add it craps out. Very serious bug.

extrude_broken.zip

The movie is an swf file just play it in your browser. Was the easiest way to capture for me (dont worry its small size).

Please fix this. My #1 brush has just gotten unusable.

3dioot

PS

Good thing; as far as i can test (only with add) it hardly projects through and through anymore. Of little use if i cant make a subtractive stroke though.

Cavity display bug after switching shadows on. This happens with every shader, that is using cavity.

See the attached images for examples.

My graphic card: GeForce 8800GTS with 512MB RAM.

Be creative

Chris

post-955-1223623523_thumb.jpg post-955-1223623530_thumb.jpg

Aha, yeah that's the same bug as I posted only I didn't try it with applying shadows...that's weird. So it's just a cavity bug all around. :P

• Advanced Member

Bug on V26 :

i painted slowly with the airbrush, using a constant depth and radius, and a pattern appeared on the model.

I can barely notice that from time to time with the clay brush too.

I like the way the spray thaw works, and the rendering bugs are gone.

post-476-1223704325_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

I sculpted a model last night (v26), did "to polygons" and a bit of retopology work.

I loaded the .3b file this morning and initially it seemed okay - but when I click the Voxel mode button it has shrunk.

3dCoat-shrink.jpg

When I switch to retopology mode the mesh has also shrunk to this same small scale:

3dCoat-shrink2.jpg

I used the "Inc Resolution" button once during sculpting.

Here's the 3b file in case that helps ... I see that 3DBob might have had the same issue earlier in this thread, I hope it can be fixed!

roid_003.rar

EDIT: I just tried a bit more testing and if you load the file, then go to Sculpting mode - the grey mesh shrinks to the same small size as the purple voxel model.

• Advanced Member

I've got an issue in voxel sculpting :

select the carve tool, set the Use spacing to ON, and the spacing to 10

draw QUICKLY some strokes :

the strokes goes inside/through the model

• Advanced Member
I've got an issue in voxel sculpting :

select the carve tool, set the Use spacing to ON, and the spacing to 10

draw QUICKLY some strokes :

the strokes goes inside/through the model

That holds true for all brushes. The stroke gets really rough when the system is under pressure (either though a heavy model or fast brushwork). This means that when you stroke over a curved surface it will degenerate and start to draw the stroke almost as if between points and stop sampling in between. This means it either begins to float or sink into the sculpture. Andrew is working on that now.

On a related note. Could you take a look in here. Post about carve/clay You are the only other person on the forum who is willing to look into/comment on the technicalities of certain brushes/tools and i think Andrew could use your insight.

3dioot

I'm not sure if this is a bug. But I'm confused, Voxel model also make up of surfaces? :blink:

You could see from the picture:

The model is a cloud of voxels which is surrounded by a triangle mesh in real-time. So yes sometimes the mesh gets torn. it's a bug and I'm sure Andrew The Magnificent is working on it.

• Advanced Member

You can crash v27 100% by the following method:

1. Load 3d-Coat, switch to sculpt mode

2. Spray on some detail

3. Switch to retopogisation mode

4. Import external mesh > load the sphere from the sample folder.

5. Hit enter

6. "Merge into Scene" with default options, OK

7. Switch to Pen mode and scribble on the mesh (this is all great work, and is all fine so far btw! :lol: )

8. Switch back to voxel mode

9. Spray on some more detail

10. Switch to retopogisation mode again

12. 'Merge into Scene' again with default options, OK

CRASH :o (no bug report window will appear)

After this, running 3d-Coat again will often end up with XML errors and the workspace colour options are reset to defaults.

BUG:

1) Select Spike tool

2) Click on retopo button with voxel model, and try and use "Draw Strokes" retopo mode. At this time, both the retopo and voxel tools are active, so when you draw a stroke for retopo, you also draw a spike.

Also, "To Polygons" is still very slow, and sometimes hangs, if I run it twice, it gave me a "Out of virtual memory error" after hanging.

• Advanced Member

Just been playing with 3.00 Alpha27 and noticed changes to how the retop tool works.

It will only work on voxel sculpt, regardless of whether any voxel sculpting has been performed or not. This makes it impossible to use an object from another sculpting app which is essential to my workflow. Would it be possible to have an radio button option in the retop tool for choosing between poly or voxel.

Another bug I've noticed is with 'Add points & Faces' option for retopology. I'm able to lay down the points, but the predictive highlight isn't showing up and no polys can be made. (*Note* the predictive highlight will work between existing polys and Points just NOT between Points alone.)

Also sometimes the Draw Strokes tool slice won't work.

Eye dropper tool will only work on information of the layer you're currently on. I'd like to see this tool change to picking visible pixels, if possible. I wonder what other people think of this but I know in photoshop this is the way I most commonly use it.

• Advanced Member

wax shader bug in GL only. (alpha 27)

1. paint a stroke on surface

2. switch to wax shader

3. turn on shadows

4. rotate the model.

you'll see the cavity get stuck in screen space.