3DCoat Forums

Spore + 3d-Coat ?

Sub-Zero

Может, кто помнит, была в году этак 2009-м прикольная игрушка Spore. В ней был неплохой редактор всякой живности, и главное, что её можно было экспортировать в формат Collada (dae). Теоретически, модель сохраняется с текстурой и скелетом.

Соответственно, у меня возникла идея создавать в Spore персонажа с последующей доработкой в 3d-Coat. И появились проблемы. Пробовал загрузить в разных режимах - текстуру не видно, как ни бился (но unwrap вроде есть) + на модели чётко видно швы между отдельными частями - как их сгладить?

Сразу скажу, что пробовал её также засунуть в 3ds Max 2010 - вообще не грузится, с ошибкой "не могу прочитать fbx (?!) файл"

Are you trying to use the full version of Spore, or just the Creature Creator?

The Creature Creator is a demo, and won't update and will not have the added features of the full game, such as the Collada export system added in a patch.

Source

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/80430.page

http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/export_creatures

No, I use a full version of Spore with "Cosmic Adventures" and "Creepy&Cute" patches. I want to use a Spore character as a base to refine it, to add bump and to make a custom clothing, hair, stuff, materials, animations, etc.

I said: 1) I can't open the model with 3ds Max 2010 at all; 2) I can't open a texture with 3d-coat (a gray mesh only); 3) How to fill seams between parts (such as arm and hand)? Maybe you can give more advices?

• Contributor

After some little tests, it works realy nice.

Import DAE in Voxelroom works.

Import in Paintroom works too.

Only the tga files are incorrect. Not sure why 3d coat cant read that, but after changeing it to jpg, it looks ok for a 512 texture.

post-24378-0-56078700-1411577567_thumb.j

Edited by Malo
  • Like 1

Alexey, nope. Buy the full game.

Malo, where did you find textures? I have "C:\Documents and Settings\Root\Мои документы\Мои творения\Creatures\creature_xxx.DAE" only, no tga images.

By the way, I just did the import to 3d studio max 8 (using the COLLADAMAX plugin; unfortunately, there's no version for 2010 and above), it has complete skeletal rig (cool!). But it has no textures as well, just a grey mesh.

Okay, I found this article: http://spore-cr.ucoz.com/forum/43-1603-1

in brief:

1. There is an Opencollada plugin for 3ds max 2010. I tried: it makes mistakes, but works.

2. It's possible to extract the 4096-res texture (and the normal bump texture), using tweaked settings and 3d ripper dx.

I tried, but it's not very convenient, imho. Malo, how did you extract the texture?

• Contributor

You should find the textures in the same folder as the .dae files gets exportet.

Maybe you should try to export from the painting menu and not from the building or animation menu.

Thats the way i have did the export.