3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

"Your v4 license should work for 4.5 as well. If it's not working I'll get your issue to Andrew or Stas asap, just let me know how it goes."All sorted now thanks - had to copy the dat file into the 4.5 folder.

Glad to hear! Thanks for the update.

not sure if this has been addressed on this thread or not,..but I'm finding that my brushes feel very different in the last few builds since beta19...I've made tons and tons of custom voxel and surface brush presets in beta18 and earlier; is this to be expected that all the brushes have a different feel?  Because of this I reverted back to beta 18 til I figure out what's going on...if anyone on this forum has info on this, feel free to chime in,..

thanks,

j

Hello everybody. it is my first time here.

I am a student at Gnomon School, and I am having a project that for a film that I have to use multiple uvs sets and UDIM textures for MAYA, but I am having multiple seams problems when painting and backing occlusion. I really want to start using  3D coat 100% of the time, but I still can't because of these bugs, which for movies are essential.

As it show on the picture, if the uvs islands are on the same place, there are no seams, but when they are in another tile set, it appears. 

Screenshot%202015-05-23%2020.49.06.png

I wanted to contribute for the final release and keep using this amazing tool for every project in the future. :) I am already spreading the word. \o

Bests everybody.

• Advanced Member

Just testing the Linux RC1 and after creating a sculpt, autopoing it, fixing a couple of mesh issues, then trying to bake it (microvertex), a dialog popped up "Fatal error Out of memory. You should increase the amount of virtual memory in system settings".

I have 64GB of Ram, what's going on?

My system activity states that 3d-coat-64 is using only 361.5MB of system memory and 419.1MB of RSS memory and 59MB of shared memory.

After closing that dialog, I got another stating of instability in the program, but the process seemed to work.

T.

This build will become release build if nothing awful will be found there. Generally last weeks I performed huge work over polishing everything.

But if something terrinble will be found, I will fix immediatly. Release planned for tomorrow if promo video will be ready and this build will be approved as clean enough.

- Smart materials preview brightness independent on scene brightness

- Torus/spiral primitives faces size brought to same standart as other primitives.

- Isolate and undo are interacting correctly

- Copy channels supports vertex painting

- Import for vertex painting will import color into Layer1 instead of Layer0

This is still not release. This is build that should be approved, so I posted it in beta thread.

I will create new thread when it will be checked at least a bit and when promo video will be ready.

• Like 5

• Contributor

Bug 

As stated in the previous page from another user (i am sorry i cant remember the name) when we edit a material and press cancel , the material disappears from the material folder.

Sometimes , when i change the folder to pick another material (from metals to plastics for example) the deleted or hidden material comes back.

If i paint over Layer0 -common mistake using surfacepaint-

and copy a Layer0 channel to other new layer... all the channel is colorize but no pixel info is copied

Original

After channel copy -green-

---------------------------------

Name: Smart is still PBR

If i paint over Layer0 -common mistake using surfacepaint-

and copy a Layer0 channel to other new layer... all the channel is colorize but no pixel info is copied

Original

attachicon.gifOriginal.jpg

After channel copy -green-

attachicon.gifCOPY.jpg

---------------------------------

Name: Smart is still PBR

attachicon.gifSmart o PBR.jpg

That shouldn't be like that, let me check this. Thanks for reporting.

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

Edit/Mesh and Texture resolution in 4.5  lets the the mesh explode.

I used the sample model creature with default 1024px map and subd to 22912 faces and tried to increase to 2k.

Do you see this too?

• Advanced Member

This is nothing at all critical...

I see that you now have removed the default hotkey binding for interactive manipulation of stencils, materials etc.

Is there some secreet way left to re-assign them? Pressing on the buttons in the Preview Options panel with the End-key pressed does nothing...

This is nothing at all critical...

I see that you now have removed the default hotkey binding for interactive manipulation of stencils, materials etc.

Is there some secreet way left to re-assign them? Pressing on the buttons in the Preview Options panel with the End-key pressed does nothing...

Yes, I removed them because it was totally distracting even for me.

I think yellow gizmo is good replacement.

• Advanced Member

Yes, I removed them because it was totally distracting even for me.

I think yellow gizmo is good replacement.

I actually fiund the direct action offered by the hotkeys better and had no problems - thus far rarely used the 2D gizmo. Hence my question if there was some way to restore these hotkeys on a per user basis, even if the default mapping is gone.

not sure if this has been addressed on this thread or not,..but I'm finding that my brushes feel very different in the last few builds since beta19...I've made tons and tons of custom voxel and surface brush presets in beta18 and earlier; is this to be expected that all the brushes have a different feel?  Because of this I reverted back to beta 18 til I figure out what's going on...if anyone on this forum has info on this, feel free to chime in,..

thanks,

j

There was no any brushing changes in last 4-6 builds.

• Advanced Member

I may be a bit late in reporting this, but when ppp a model that I have made and imported into 3d-coat, I get horrible performance when brushing. My frame rate easily drops to a quarter of the speed it was at with any size brush with any alpha. In contrast, vertex painting a model works extremely smoothly as does painting models made entirely in 3d-Coat. Btw, the model I imported and was working had a 1k standard map on it.

• Advanced Member

I think the way 'relief mode' is implemented now in paint room  ( '1'- hotkey) could be improved.  Right now, the way it works, 3dc is changing lightning from pbr to 'old' point light style. But imo, it should stay lit by pbr environment texture. It would be more consistent with 'smooth shade' vieport display mode