3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Applink Developer

I remember I had a render crash once when I opened a very old file and tried to render it. After deleting .xml files I haven't seeing that bug anymore. To me 4.5.30 feels really great in every aspect.  

Edited by haikalle

Chris, you should close your app > delete all the .xml files in your "MyDocs/3D Coat directory > reinstall > update your graphics card driver. It's either a messed up .xml file or a bad driver. Realtime render works just fine for me (4.5.30 CUDA 64 DX/Windows)

Thank you guys. I guess I have to do this as long as there is no regular windows installer for 3D-Coat.

Please vote for a better transform tool:

Attached my proposal.

post-955-0-23747300-1457966770_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

3DC crashes if I leave it open when my PC turns display off due to the power safe mode. When I returned my PC back from the safe mode I got an error message about 3DC crash. I worked in 3DC_DX64bit_CUDA in paint room. Windows 7, Video card Quadro K5000, driver version 354.42. 

This crash happened in few last versions too but I rare use 3DC at this moment. Can someone confirm this bug, please?

Hello,

There seem to be a bug in 4.5.29 and 4.5.30 related to sampling the ambient occlusion for masking smart materials or brush strokes in the paint room.

Can be reproduced when painting vertex colors on a dense mesh.

Smart material which use "More on shadow" or "More on Lit" do not function properly.

• Advanced Member

Hi.

I was corrected the value of the shader for modeling .

I was prepared for modeling the HDR .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByfoaJzFSBD8ajFLdnhxeThlY1E

Enjoy.

Koji

Hey Koji,

These shaders look great. However I was only able to get 1 or 2 of them to load correctly. Anyone have suggestions for getting them running correctly?

• Advanced Member

Hello,

There seem to be a bug in 4.5.29 and 4.5.30 related to sampling the ambient occlusion for masking smart materials or brush strokes in the paint room.

Can be reproduced when painting vertex colors on a dense mesh.

Smart material which use "More on shadow" or "More on Lit" do not function properly.

I experienced this aswell with the a couple of the default pbr materials that require AO.  I only noticed on the metal shaders, but didn't test extensively.

4.5.31 [beta]

- BIG library of primitives released, includes spirals, screws, etc.

- Corrected diffuse component rendering. It result with more contrast and pretty lighting. Now PBR looks really better and is well compatible with other engines.

- Rendering quality in render room improved. Now all samples are summarized with gamma correctio that leads to much better visual result.

- "Conform retopo" improved - Undo works correctly and reropo mesh visible during transformations.

- Crash in render room fixed.

- faster initial loading

- faster switching between panoramas

- several new studion - like greyscale panoramas.

• Like 4

• Advanced Member

I'm only getting a 65mb download for the 64bit link.  Also it still says 4.5.30 on the first page.  I'm downloading the the 32bit build because I can't wait to try it out!

Hey Koji,

These shaders look great. However I was only able to get 1 or 2 of them to load correctly. Anyone have suggestions for getting them running correctly?

Hi,b33nine .

https://youtu.be/WKV3EB2xTDQ

I made the video .

Video is Japanese .

Sorry...

But , I think you guys can understand . :)

Koji

• Like 1

• Contributor

Greetings Andrew , 

I res up 2 or 3 times , sculpted and then re sampled down (what i usually do in everyday workflow ).

After that i started moving the voxels based on an image to fit it a bit better , did a couple mistakes and i undo.

On the 2nd or 3rd undo it stopped going back.

Saved and exited scene. 

On re open everything was fine. Happen twice today.

• Applink Developer

With the latest beta. Zooming in render room creates ghosts when you use realtime renderer and have orthographic projection. Also I had one renderer crash while testing the latest 

beta but I wasen't able to repeat it yet. 

It would be nice to have basic color tone settings in render room. Stronger blacks and whites would really give some extra to your sculpts.

Edited by haikalle

• Contributor

Hi. I'm not sure if I already described the bug here, but in case I didn't, there are some strange issues going on with the Pose tool when you try to deform an object that intersects with one of the main world planes.

attachicon.gifpose_problem.jpg

On the image below I moved the object a little bit off the XZ plane, towards the -Y, and then posed it:

attachicon.gifpose_problem2.jpg

http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2095

With the latest beta. Zooming in render room creates ghosts when you use realtime renderer and have orthographic projection. Also I had one renderer crash while testing the latest 

beta but I wasen't able to repeat it yet. 

It would be nice to have basic color tone settings in render room. Stronger blacks and whites would really give some extra to your sculpts.

Use light contrast control.

• Advanced Member

I really love the new organic looking pbr shaders.  However, I am noticing that regular sculpting shaders are a little unclear.  Digman was mentioning it before and I have to agree.  The cavity and bulge settings can cause banding on the mesh that isn't very pleasing to look at visually.  I was so enamored with the abilty to define normal, roughness and metalness, that I didn't really investigate it too much.  

However afterwards in trying to really get a clear picture of my sculpt, I noticed that none of the shaders really did a good job of the that.  I got closer than some of the default shaders, but still.  The results weren't ideal.  

I think we need a few more parameters to be able to tweak on the shaders to really nail things down.  Perhaps the ablilty to switch between face based or vertex based cavity and bulge settings.  Also, I wonder if it would be as much of an issue on a quad based mesh.  Regardless, alternatives to face based cavity, in addition to the ability to describe the falloff of the effect, or the abilty to soften the effect with blur or something similar.  Even if it's more performance intensive we could have the option of changing it if it becomes an issue.  

All the being said, I love the changes, I think the work is not quite done yet though.  

Here is the default clay shader applied to a sculpt and also shader that I made to look more organic like creature skin.

post-3280-0-40970100-1458248391_thumb.pnpost-3280-0-13528700-1458248395_thumb.pnpost-3280-0-41883600-1458248398_thumb.pnpost-3280-0-26634600-1458248402_thumb.pn

• Advanced Member

Just popping in here to clear up a little confusion... the steam beta stuff, that isn't the same as these betas posted here? I'm trying to see if a symmetry retopo bug is still present in 4.5.31 (from this thread here: http://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19037#entry132500) but when I download the "beta" version of 3dc via steam, it gives me a much older version of the software.

I'd rather not go the route of betas, and the wall of text in the first post is enough to scare me away, but all I want to do is some work!

Just popping in here to clear up a little confusion... the steam beta stuff, that isn't the same as these betas posted here? I'm trying to see if a symmetry retopo bug is still present in 4.5.31 (from this thread here: http://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19037#entry132500) but when I download the "beta" version of 3dc via steam, it gives me a much older version of the software.

I'd rather not go the route of betas, and the wall of text in the first post is enough to scare me away, but all I want to do is some work!

Please use beta from this thread. Steam beta is outdated. You may use steam ey for this beta.

And what problem with retopo symmetry have you got? Please writ e me to support@3d-coat.com

Hey,

Just a quick heads-up regarding the ambient occlusion baking not working on high resolution meshes (vertex color baking).

Tested on latest beta.

Can someone confirm this by testing on a 40+ million triangles mesh in the paint room please.

Also is there a version where this works ? I' am currently working on a task which has been going on for the past month and it would be a bummer to switch packages or workflows at this stage.

I have tried beta 19,29,30 and 31.

Can we please get an official statement regarding the AO baker's limitations in terms of baking AO on to the vertex colors.

Thanks

• Advanced Member

Show/Hide Freeze mask is still broken. Function does not work in "Smooth Shade" viewport. Functionality does work in flat shade however. Can we get this working again in smooth shade, its been busted for awhile.

i'd love to see new shader options as well... support for SSS and Alpha test and coverage in the paintroom.

Edited by Boonta