3DCoat Forums

akira's sketchbook

akira

Thanks, I have my own photo references for the wrinkles, different materials have different wrinkles, they are not the same.

akira.

post-751-1240302698_thumb.jpg

post-751-1240302709_thumb.jpg

Ah ok. :) I've said that, becuase the wirnkles are looking a little bit blobby, currently.

• Contributor
Yeah.. very blobby indeed, I'm working on it, will be improved later.

Thanks again. :)

akira.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if Andrew put in a "Sharpen" and "Blur" tool? If you are sufficiently skilled, performing these actions are possible with the available tools but if a slider could do this globally, workflow would be greatly enhanced.

• Advanced Member
Wouldn't it be fabulous if Andrew put in a "Sharpen" and "Blur" tool? If you are sufficiently skilled, performing these actions are possible with the available tools but if a slider could do this globally, workflow would be greatly enhanced.

Yeah maybe, but as an artist I think it's much fun to do it by hand, I can feel god when working stupid and hard. :)

Here's a little update for the wrinkles.

post-751-1240330968_thumb.jpg

Yeah maybe, but as an artist I think it's much fun to do it by hand, I can feel god when working stupid and hard. :)

Here's a little update for the wrinkles.

post-751-1240330968_thumb.jpg

Yes. The tools "vox pinch" and "scrap" helps to solve this a lot.

• Advanced Member
That looks great Akira... :)

By chance... 日本人 ですか?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask... How exactly did you extract the clothing from the base sculpt?

Nope sorry, I'm taiwanese. :)

AKIRA is my favorite movie/manga in my childhood.

About the clothing extraction, nothing special, it's just a "copy" and "build" process.

akira.

Right on. I loved akira too. It's pretty amazing. :)

Thanks for telling me about how you do the clothing. I haven't attempted it yet in 3DCoat.

My apologies on the assumption.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Some lovely study here Akira, I think maybe the shoulders on you Male are a little to broad, makes the arms look a little disjointed. Your deltiods come too far out if you puul the entire arm into the trunkabout one Sixth of the distance from head (approximately) I think that will improve the proportioning. Lovely cloth on you clothing.

• Advanced Member
Some lovely study here Akira, I think maybe the shoulders on you Male are a little to broad, makes the arms look a little disjointed. Your deltiods come too far out if you puul the entire arm into the trunkabout one Sixth of the distance from head (approximately) I think that will improve the proportioning. Lovely cloth on you clothing.

Yeah his arms and shoulder look too rigid now LOL, I'll try to fix them, thanks for the advice. :)

akira.