3DCoat Forums

Artaq's WIP

artaq

I'm having so much fun working with 3D Coat... Seriously, I love to work on this guy as the app is developing, tweaking and adding as new things come into place. Here's my 'mad scientist' as he currently stands, moving onto back of head/ears area next! I noticed as I was grabbing some shots of him that certain parts of the mesh seem to be degrading a little as I work on him more and more... it's really strange, I'll get a random scrape, or some dents that I know weren't added even accidentally (I do most of my work on this guy with a mouse - yes I know, a mouse)... Perhaps as a model is being worked on there is some degradation occurring over time? Thanks Andrew for the continuing development of such a wonderful app!

post-967-1223971951_thumb.jpg

I was thinking over my comment this morning, and I realized I did quite a few voxel -> polygon operations due to my love of the poly pinch tool (awesome btw)... It seemed like maybe going back and forth time and time again might be the cause of the anomalies I observed, just a thought. Also Andrew, the minute you add layers to this app, go ahead and take my upgrade dollars right away ;)