3DCoat Forums

I'm having the problem where my hotkeys are working like 'sticky' keys

jdoublej

I'm having the problem where my hotkeys are working like 'sticky' keys.  Does anyone know how to disable this?  If I click a hotkey, it will not permanently switch to the new preset or tool, once I release the hotkey it resumes whatever tool I was using previously,...this is not useful to me, so if anyone has any insight into this, I'd appreciate the help!

thanks,

-Josh

• Advanced Member

I'm having the problem where my hotkeys are working like 'sticky' keys.  Does anyone know how to disable this?  If I click a hotkey, it will not permanently switch to the new preset or tool, once I release the hotkey it resumes whatever tool I was using previously,...this is not useful to me, so if anyone has any insight into this, I'd appreciate the help!

thanks,

-Josh

Hey Josh,

Not sure if it fits your working method or not, but it should work if you just tap the key/keys rather than hold them down.  Tapping should switch to that tool until you want to change to something else.  Photoshop works this way also.

gdball,

I've been using 3d coat since the first version came out; never until today have I had a problem with the hotkeys like this.  I think its probably an error, because there is no 'sticky' keys option for hotkeys...normally I do just tap the hotkey and i'm on my way,..sculpting with that tool til i tap another hotkey...so I may have to remove everything and reinstall...

thanks

-Josh

thanks,

-Josh

Hi

Related question here, with a possible solution.

• 1 year later...