3DCoat Forums

Where the heck is the stamps tool in 4.5?

Daniel Tynan

The stamps tool is completely missing from 4.5   I looked very carefully through the popups menu and whole interface.  .nowhere to be found.  Has the name been changed?   I guess I'll install 4.5.03 to see if it is in there.   Need to use it to apply a decal image to my model for client.

Thanks

Daniel

Hi there!

Sounds like you're referring to the old Materials. They are now called Smart Materials, and can still be used in the same fashion they were before by applying only depth, gloss and color to it.

If you were referring to the Stamp Stroke Modes, those are both still there in the Stroke Mode panel (top of the left tool bar, or "E" key).

Thanks for the replies.   I am talking about the "Stamps" tab that used to be next to the "Stencils" tab.  You used it similar to the way you used stencils but to stamp color images onto you model.   Here is what it looked like: http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=614641Capturede769cran20150607a768132550.jpg

so looking at the link Carlosan sent me. . do I need to now create a new smart material and load up my image I want to stamp through one of the nodes in the smart material and then set mapping mode to "from camera"?

This is a very different workflow from the old stamps tab where you would just create a new stamp and load up the image you want.