3DCoat Forums

tree321 WIP-s

tree321

• Advanced Member
A FATHER'S LOVE

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast

and have no compassion on the child she has borne?

Though she may forget,

I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;

your walls are ever before me.

Isaiah 49:15-16

Excellent sculpting, but I think you might have to change the center of balance to have it printed. The wrist of the hand might have to be moved back or the pedestal extended backwards.

• Contributor

GED:wow loads of new works, where do you find the time? I think the cheetah one is a bit odd cause of those grass spikes under him and the way all the grass/foliage goes in the same direction as the cat.

Thank you GED for your insight.The grass goes in one direction to accentuate speed and movement.It was purposely done this way. :) The large "spikes" are stylized grass supports for the cheetah as it would be in a bronze cast.I don't always strive for complete realism in my work but rather create a look and feel for a piece as a whole.I tend to experiment a lot with art to express an idea or feeling not so much as depicting a subject as it would be shot through the camera lens.I do appreciate your views on my work though and I always take consideration for each critique.Who knows I may make changes. :)

psyborgue:Thanks for that advice!

Time?What is time?

Cool Rick!

I am happy you found 3D-Coat as a tool to express your feelings and ideas. Really great.

I think I will need to make separate gallery for you :) (joke, but who knows)

I think you should update the main page with some of these new sculpts from Tree :)

• Contributor

Almost forgot to post a sculpt today.But I didn't. :lol:

Black Panther

First image is a 3dc render then some fun in Photoshop.Front view image would look good as a relief sculpture for the wall.

Edit:4th image as modified by suggestions.

post-913-1242876275_thumb.jpg

post-913-1242876302_thumb.jpg

post-913-1242876312_thumb.jpg

post-913-1242926869_thumb.jpg

your black panther is looking very nice, but the symetrical trees are not that good, because I have never seen to identical trees ;)

Yup No.1 for me, tree's need work Tree lol

• Advanced Member
Thank you GED for your insight.The grass goes in one direction to accentuate speed and movement.It was purposely done this way. :) The large "spikes" are stylized grass supports for the cheetah as it would be in a bronze cast.

hey interesting insight into your workflow, so are these all going to be cast? in my opinion if you want to accentuate speed and movement you could have everything going the opposite direction like the way you feel when you see a picture with the cat in focus and motionblur behind, or if you want realism then it should all be really random, just throwing some ideas in there

• Contributor
your black panther is looking very nice, but the symetrical trees are not that good, because I have never seen to identical trees ;)

The trees were done purposely this way for an artistic effect.They are meant to frame the subject and give it balance.However I did consider the matter in the creation process and appreciate how others react to my creative decisions.

I will remake the trees for a more "realistic" look,and thank you guys again for your feedback.I may not always agree with everyone, but your opinions do matter to me so keep the crits. coming.(just be nice so you don't hurt my feelings) :(

Please do keep in mind however that true art is not always something we can easily define in terms of what should be and what should not be.Art should be unique and personal, an expression of ones self.We must always be FREE to create the visions we see within ourselves and not be confined to the boxes that the world wants to put us in.Right or wrong good or bad, the art we create is a piece of us, like the fruit that emanates from the tree.

The teacher said to the student, "my dear child "daisy's are not purple they're yellow." The child replied, "well in my world they're purple. :)

Blessings to all,

Rick

• Advanced Member
Almost forgot to post a sculpt today.But I didn't. :lol:

Black Panther

First image is a 3dc render then some fun in Photoshop.Front view image would look good as a relief sculpture for the wall.

I think the middle images background looks great but i'm not sure about the same filters applied to the panther itself. It ruins the relief you've already sculpted on the panther which I feel is fantastic on it's own... no need for improvement. Perhaps use the history brush (or similar) to revert the panther to the original. It would make it stick out as well.

• Contributor
I think the middle images background looks great but i'm not sure about the same filters applied to the panther itself. It ruins the relief you've already sculpted on the panther which I feel is fantastic on it's own... no need for improvement. Perhaps use the history brush (or similar) to revert the panther to the original. It would make it stick out as well.

Got ya!Thanks! :)

Hey tree you know i don't mean to offend, i was just being a little cheeky with my comment on the trees, i think your work is superb and that's why i'm glued to this thread :)

• Advanced Member
The trees were done purposely this way for an artistic effect.They are meant to frame the subject and give it balance.However I did consider the matter in the creation process and appreciate how others react to my creative decisions.

I will remake the trees for a more "realistic" look,and thank you guys again for your feedback.I may not always agree with everyone, but your opinions do matter to me so keep the crits. coming.(just be nice so you don't hurt my feelings) :(

Please do keep in mind however that true art is not always something we can easily define in terms of what should be and what should not be.Art should be unique and personal, an expression of ones self.We must always be FREE to create the visions we see within ourselves and not be confined to the boxes that the world wants to put us in.Right or wrong good or bad, the art we create is a piece of us, like the fruit that emanates from the tree.

hey we are only criticising the art pieces cause we like them and want to see them improve :) . I think its easy for us to criticise work like this because it is quite clearly representative of real animals in real places. For the viewer it is confusing if for example all grass is one direction or there are symmetrical trees because the viewer is expecting realism simply because of the subject of the artwork - a beautiful reproduction of nature. if the animal looked really abstract or the landscape looked wierd we might assume that it is abstract artwork and you are expressing your personal interpretation, but that is not the case and nearly everything looks really real in musculature and detail, which is really impressive!

• Contributor
I vary like Ant, but really it will be better if leaf will be not so tiled, maybe simply uniform.

I agree.Will change it.

Edit ant updated.(image 5)Thanks for pointing that out.

• Contributor
Hey tree you know i don't mean to offend, i was just being a little cheeky with my comment on the trees, i think your work is superb and that's why i'm glued to this thread :)

No offense taken whatsoever Silentman. :) I,m grateful for your input ,and don't be afraid to make suggestions.I'm glad your here. :)

• Contributor

hey we are only criticising the art pieces cause we like them and want to see them improve :) . I think its easy for us to criticise work like this because it is quite...

GED, sorry if I sounded a little defensive in my response, I was only trying to explain my reasoning behind the work,but maybe should have been more eloquent.

I think as an artist I tend to be very experimental with my work trying new ideas to create something unique,which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. :)

I do care about what you think so please continue to express your opinions.I'm thankful for your appreciation of my work and hope you continue to watch my development as a 3d artist.I have a long way to go but am passionate about sculpting and 3D-Coat, and I feel I can only get better.A little help from my friends doesn't hurt either. ;) Thank you.

• Contributor

Mountain lion

Last of the big cats for now.Thanks for viewing!

The cougar (Puma concolor), also known as puma, mountain lion, catamount, or panther, depending on the region, is a mammal of the Felidae family, native to the Americas. This large, solitary cat has the greatest range of any wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere, extending from Yukon in Canada to the southern Andes of South America. An adaptable, generalist species, the cougar is found in every major American habitat type. It is the second heaviest cat in the American continents after the jaguar, and the fourth heaviest in the world, along with the leopard, after the tiger, lion, and jaguar, although it is most closely related to smaller felines.

wiki

post-913-1243006368_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243006378_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243006385_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Mini-Sub

Rick ,Joni and the kids pile into the min-sub for a fun filled vacation to the adventurous depths of the sea.Who knows what wonders lie ahead.

I told you kids to go before we left! I'm not stopping till we get there!Sandwich anyone?

post-913-1243018928_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243018935_thumb.jpg

• Contributor
Mini-Sub

Rick ,Joni and the kids pile into the min-sub for a fun filled vacation to the adventurous depths of the sea.Who knows what wonders lie ahead.

I told you kids to go before we left! I'm not stopping till we get there!Sandwich anyone?

I have no difficulty drawing crooked lines in 3DC. How do you draw such straight ones? :clapping:

• Contributor

Thanks guys, glad you like the sub.

Tony Nemo quote:I have no difficulty drawing crooked lines in 3DC. How do you draw such straight ones?

Tony. I used primitive to get some of the straight lined bands around the sub, and the E-panel line tool for fins.Mostly the sub was done with primitive booleans so it was pretty easy.

post-913-1243082152_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243082160_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

The Searcher

There was a certain man who lived in the land of Lasveg who set out on a journey in search of truth.He was a quiet and gentle man who lived in peace with his neighbors but questioned the world around him.It seemed there came a time in this man's life when he felt a certain unrest with the "way things were", so he was moved from within to search for truth.

Taking with him only a small sack filled with sunflower seeds and a lantern set atop his staff, he ventured forth into the world of darkness to fulfill his quest.

As he traveled through the cities of darkness he would plant a sunflower seed so that when it grew tall it would remind the world of the beauty around them and the light that shines out of darkness.

post-913-1243083003_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243083011_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243083019_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243083027_thumb.jpg

Mini-Sub

Hehehe... as a parent, I loved this!

I want to say that I haven't commented on your work before, but I read this thread all of the time. You have an incredible range in your modeling work that I find very refreshing. Keep up the inspiring work!

• Contributor
Hehehe... as a parent, I loved this!

I want to say that I haven't commented on your work before, but I read this thread all of the time. You have an incredible range in your modeling work that I find very refreshing. Keep up the inspiring work!

Thank you Mark, I'm glad you enjoy it.I have two kids of my own and am thankful every day.