3DCoat Forums

tree321 WIP-s

tree321

• Contributor

The-Tree-of-Temptation

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

Genesis 1-2

I love to share my faith, please don't be offended, it's changed my life for the better.(You should have seen me before) :lol:

post-913-1243092586_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243092594_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243092602_thumb.jpg

• Contributor
The-Tree-of-Temptation

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die

Genesis 1-2

I love to share my faith, please don't be offended, it's changed my life for the better.(You should have seen me before) :lol:

Beautiful! With a 3D printer and a contract foundry, I think you could monetize your unique vision.

The-Tree-of-Temptation

Genesis 1-2

I am so happy to know that.. Stay with Jesus because HE is the only way.

(Nice forum indeed with Christians like you and Andrew)

• Contributor

Thanks again guys for your responses.

Here is a more traditional work.

Jesus in Blue Jeans

I've thought about doing a rendition of Jesus wearing blue jeans and a T-shirt for a long time, and finally got around to doing it.

When Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago he dressed as was customary at the time,here Jesus is depicted as he might dress if He walked among us today.

Jesus associated Himself with the common man, working as a carpenter and fishing with the fishermen.The Bible depicts Jesus as a man who was humble and

befriended the poor and humble people of the time.

I have shown Jesus here as a man who is gentle and approachable, and someone whom the people need not fear, if they approach Him with the heart and humility of a child.

"Don't stop the children from coming to me. Children like these are part of the kingdom of God." (Mark 10:14)

post-913-1243176136_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243176152_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243176162_thumb.jpg

Hi Tree,

Lots of nice work you have done here. :)

I do a lot of characters too, I am curious, how do you personally like to start with the bodies? I do a couple of things, like blocking in with the sphere tool.

Tree, i think the Jesus image needs a different base, it looks odd to me, maybe some semi-flat ground rather than a risen disk shape, otherwise the sculpt is great, just needs a different base imho :)

• Contributor

Hi geothefaust, thanks for dropping by.

I have experimented with different ways to do bodies, both human and animal, but generally i just clear the scene, start with the default merge sphere and use the move tool to get basic shape.I will usually use the curve tool to rough out the legs and arms.One thing I like to do is use different layers for the main parts of the body like head arms, legs etc. this way I can control the mesh densities more precisely.This technique works especially well for clothed figures, but for less clothes you may need to merge the parts together.Just try to keep them at the same resolution.I have used the sphere tool as well to rough out shapes and it works pretty good, I just like the merge sphere because it seems to give me less resolution to start off with.

Let me know if you find a better way.

Take care,

Rick

post-913-1243219136_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243219145_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243219155_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243219165_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243219177_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

One more Biblical post before I change the subject.(For now) :)

Revelation 20

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

post-913-1243219988_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243220001_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243220016_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243220028_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243220039_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Oops I lied. :pardon: One more Biblical sculpt and then we change the subject. :good:

Moses with the Ten Commandments.

Made quite a few clay sculptures similar to this.Here's my first computer Moses sculpt.

Here Moses is shown at the moment of his indignation at the Israelites as they forsook the one true God and set up the golden calf idol for worship.

The base is symbolic of the exodus from Egypt as is suggested by the pyramids and the river Nile.The commandments are inscribed in Hebrew.

post-913-1243225355_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243225388_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243225400_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243225412_thumb.jpg

Oops I lied. :pardon: One more Biblical sculpt and then we change the subject. :good:

Moses with the Ten Commandments.

Made quite a few clay sculptures similar to this.Here's my first computer Moses sculpt.

Here Moses is shown at the moment of his indignation at the Israelites as they forsook the one true God and set up the golden calf idol for worship.

The base is symbolic of the exodus from Egypt as is suggested by the pyramids and the river Nile.The commandments are inscribed in Hebrew.

WoW!!! That's Just AWESOME :clapping:

I just looked at the thread and... wow... Angel, Jesus, Moses, Eve, Searcher!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much! They're all GREAT!!!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Contributor

Freedom Lost

I was in the process of doing a patriotic work, with the American eagle as a symbol of freedom and justice, however in 44 years of living in this land I'm not sure what that really means.I understand the idealism that is preached about this once great land but I fear the rhetoric doesn't support the facts.

So to express my views on the glory that once was America,this is the image I settled on.Unpatriotic?Maybe, but I consider myself a citizen of the Kingdom of God and not of some nation with artificial walls and flawed constitutions.All great nations have risen and fell in the course of history.Has America gone past her apex?Time will reveal all.

It is not my desire that any nation would be judged by God,but rather that, that nation would turn away from it's evil ways and glorify the one true God.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have

pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to

build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Jeremiah 18

post-913-1243358198_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 April 15, 1865) was the 16th President of the United States. He successfully led the country through its greatest internal crisis, the American Civil War, preserving the Union and ending slavery. As the war was drawing to a close, Lincoln became the first American president to be assassinated. Before his election in 1860 as the first Republican president, Lincoln had been a country lawyer, an Illinois state legislator, a member of the United States House of Representatives, and twice an unsuccessful candidate for election to the U.S. Senate.

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

A.Lincoln

post-913-1243365060_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243365067_thumb.jpg

post-913-1243365075_thumb.jpg

• Contributor
Freedom Lost

I was in the process of doing a patriotic work, with the American eagle as a symbol of freedom and justice, however in 44 years of living in this land I'm not sure what that really means.I understand the idealism that is preached about this once great land but I fear the rhetoric doesn't support the facts.

So to express my views on the glory that once was America,this is the image I settled on.Unpatriotic?Maybe, but I consider myself a citizen of the Kingdom of God and not of some nation with artificial walls and flawed constitutions.All great nations have risen and fell in the course of history.Has America gone past her apex?Time will reveal all.

It is not my desire that any nation would be judged by God,but rather that, that nation would turn away from it's evil ways and glorify the one true God.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have

pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to

build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Jeremiah 18

Rejoice that you have freedom of expression. That is the one freedom that gives birth to them all!

• Advanced Member

First religion, now politics. Next... perhaps something in the abortion arena. Controversy is king and sparks debate, which is necessary for growth in any open society. Go for it.

My opinion as a non-religious person who is not necessarily pro choice or pro life, however, is that you might have greater appeal by choosing a non-religious approach to the pro-life/pro-choice argument. There is no point preaching to the choir. One angle you might choose is the aspect of choice. While democrats argue for rights of the child and against parental rights, they also argue against the right of a child if it is unborn. Perhaps an aborted baby with a message of "where was my choice" or something like that. Make it graphic. I'm seeing a baby in a garbage bag with it's head split open by a scissor or something similar. Shock has it's purpose in that it is sometimes necessary to show people a reality they'd often rather not know about... Whether you agree with abortion or not, the procedure can be pretty brutal, which is something many choose to ignore (so throw it in their faces, but don't exaggerate... tell it like it is).

You could also play with the declaration of independence, (all men are created equal ... have the inalienable right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness)... perhaps overlaying the declaration with those words highlighted over a pregnant woman's silhouette... There are lots of ideas you could explore.

Just my two cents. Fantastic work, btw. Your sculpting is getting much much better with practice.

• Contributor
Rejoice that you have freedom of expression. That is the one freedom that gives birth to them all!

Your right about that.There are still many freedoms in this country that I value everyday and hope we never get to the place where artistic expression has to be censored by the government.(although some already is)which is not always a bad thing.

• Contributor

First religion, now politics. Next... perhaps something in the abortion arena. Controversy is king and sparks debate, which is necessary for growth in any open society. Go for it.

Wow, that sounds like a pretty graphic idea.I'm not sure I want to tackle that one,yet.And really it is not my intention to create controversy but rather perhaps to spark thought.But really the abortion issue is as big of an issue as there is today and certainly art could be used as a voice for those who have no voice yet alone their first cry.

Thanks psyborgue

• Advanced Member
Your right about that.There are still many freedoms in this country that I value everyday and hope we never get to the place where artistic expression has to be censored by the government.(although some already is)which is not always a bad thing.

Well... yeah, it is a bad thing. Who gets to decide what is offensive? That's the problem. As long as the ability to censor exists, the possibility exists that the authority du-jour can suddenly decide to change the definition. Point is that it's safer if the power does not exist at all. Thankfully, we have the first amendment guaranteeing our leaders cannot mess with this, even with a majority. IMO, people are responsible for what they choose to put in their bodies and minds, and parents, not the government, are ultimately responsible for protecting their kids from outside influences.

I disagree that there is censorship in the US, though (at least not constitutional). Sure there are laws from time to time that get made, but they almost always get struck down by the supremes in due time. IMO, our system works pretty well. It's not a pure democracy, so it's not mob rule. It's a constitutional republic, where those in power or even the majority are restricted in what they can do... preventing a tyranny of the majority.

• Advanced Member

Wow, that sounds like a pretty graphic idea.I'm not sure I want to tackle that one,yet.And really it is not my intention to create controversy but rather perhaps to spark thought.But really the abortion issue is as big of an issue as there is today and certainly art could be used as a voice for those who have no voice yet alone their first cry.

Thanks psyborgue

Practice some and i'm sure you'll be ready. There is a market for it too, especially with the recent controversy... not to imply your out to make money, but money can help cover distribution costs. You could make t-shirts, posters, or other memorabilia with your art. It's what I do for causes I care about.

Suggestion: keep a notebook with you to jot down/sketch ideas you have on this topic or others you care about. Good concepts are where good art comes from, imo.

Super Heroes

Something fun I started a while back.

Decided to work on it more after seeing Oliver Thorntons Venom piece in WIP-s.

Your image compositions looks "quick and dirty". Take more time for them or concentrate on the models. Your modeling skills are better up to now, then your collages.

Best regards

Chris

Love Abraham Tree, and the super heroes is great, keep up the good work, and i ain't gonna get started on the patriot thing, you know my feelings about my home country Australia, perhaps many people feel the same way about their own country no matter what country the live in, thanks be to god i live in Australia, a free country, just like America.