3DCoat Forums

Clip Studio Paint

The brush feeling is... wow man !!!

i was blind all this years !! i was testing the app a little last night, the difference with another brush engines* is incredible... day and night (*side note: i duno how is compared with SAI)

for digital painters is a must with no doubt

-----------

Nice paint by the way :)

To know your opinion is a great help.

I was in the same search, trying to find a road... painter, paintstorm, artrage, sai, mangastudio, krita... jeezzzz... to many option but how to decide ?

Last night surfing the web i found some paintings of Kargall le fou -the 3DC user-

He use CPS, so... i was navigating the CPS site to look the gallery when i saw the offer. BAM ! was a no brain decision: SOLD !

And now my surprise is going up and up.

• Advanced Member

I love CSP very much. The brush settings and feeling are the best for me.
Many years ago I had a  Demo  Illustudio, and was very sad that this aplication is not in english and available in Europe. Only for asia.

Now Clip Studio is the advancement of Illustudio
I was so happy as Smith Micro Manga Studio has released, because it was the same aplication only a different name .
Now it is called Clip Studio also at  Smithmicro.
I have  it also connected with 3D coat with the Bridge.
Also the Layer are  like Photoshop.
Really a great Paint tool and not only for manga how many think .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Contributor

What has just surprised me while I was familiarizing myself with the software, is that at your disposal, you have a library of rigged mannequins in various poses that you can tweak. You can even select joints and rotate them or the whole models as the mannequins reside in a three-dimensional (some of the joints are constrained to only one axis though). This must be perfect as a reference to paint the character over. I wonder if it's possible to add lights and import custom rigs.

post-12523-0-91361200-1443492599_thumb.j

Edited by ajz3d

Just drag the object onto an open canvas. To save it as material, you can drag it into the material palette or just register it as a material.

If you have any material files to go along with the object, I think you need  them to be zipped with your object and then drag the zipped file onto the canvas,

If it's an FBX file you can drag and drop it into a scene and it will be poseable

http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2013/8/18/ot-3d-basics-for-manga-studio

source

and

source

post-10142-0-45186300-1443494759_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Manga Studio and ClipPaint are marvelous. because this kind of app, and others too, I always think 3DCoat must have bones and skinning... there is a lot of programs borning that just need a fbx skinned mesh with bones , to pose and/or animate... a dream at least for me...propably when Zbrush have this tool, people understand ...kkkkk. I can model high poly, bake low with all maps, why not have bones, simply rigging and powefull skinning tools in 3D coat?

• 5 months later...

http://blog.smithmicro.com/now-anima...p-studio-paint
The new English version with animation is finally available. And for a 60% discount till the 22nd! 
Clipstudio Paint Pro: $20
Clipstudio Paint Pro EX: $87

It will no longer be named "Manga Studio" in the West: from this point onward it is Clipstudio Paint (EX). 
http://www.clipstudio.net/en/purchase
http://my.smithmicro.com/manga-studi...e-content.html 

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

So when you're  doing animation cells in 2D with this program, and  you've got say a character, do you only have to color in one line drawing  cell and the rest of the cells of the animated character get automatically painted or do they have to each be painted individually?

and..

"Compatible with operations that use the Microsoft Surface Dial"

OMG that would be fun to do...not going to go out and buy a MS Surface but that would be a lot of fun..

Edited by L'Ancien Regime

This is software for producing a 2D animation.

https://opentoonz.github.io/e/ 

It is based on the software "Toonz", which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy, customized by Studio Ghibli, and has been used for creating its works for many years.