3DCoat Forums

How do I paint using color masks in 4.5?

Shawn Driscoll

Go to solution Solved by Shawn Driscoll,

• Advanced Member

Try in Smart Materials > + new  the smart materials properties > name it what you want  COLOR   is where you add your color photo   also for preferred mapping use  From Camera.  when that's done click on your photo and use 100% white.  I added a new folder just for my photos. Stencils I think are only black and white.

• Advanced Member

Try in Smart Materials > + new  the smart materials properties > name it what you want  COLOR   is where you add your color photo   also for preferred mapping use  From Camera.  when that's done click on your photo and use 100% white.  I added a new folder just for my photos. Stencils I think are only black and white.

Ok. I got as far as setting my camera projection view for the color image. I will make a new folder as you suggest and see if the color is retained when viewed over my work area. And I'll also try right-clicking on the colors to see if I can disable it. This morning, I installed 3.7 just so I could paint my turtle shell from a photo of one.

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

Ok. All I had to do was click +New (for the Smart Materials) and add my diffuse texture image. I never tried that because I assumed it was only for adding new PBR Materials. So I don't need 3.7 then.