3DCoat Forums

Texture Editor weirdness

I've been having a problem with the texture editor ever since I attempted to upgrade past 4.5 BETA 14 (in other words, BETA 14 has been the last version where I haven't had this problem). My texture editor in the paint room looks weird. Here's what my UV looks like in the UV room:

UV_zpszwksuq3j.png

And here's what the same UV looks like in the texture editor in the paint room. In BETA 14, the texture editor and the UVs have the same outlines for the UVs.

Texture%20Editor_zpsmnfaep5l.png

I can't paint in the texture editor now, because I can't tell where things actually are. How can I fix this without reverting back to BETA 14 again?

It is not a bug because all that quad stuff is outside the polygons or faces bleeding. And it never apears on export.

So I see no problem there.

Hi Andrew

Will you please hide all the layer but Layer0 ?

is not a full uniform grey square as previous versions, but a pixelated one

And cant be painted as previous versions

• Contributor

It is not a bug because all that quad stuff is outside the polygons or faces bleeding. And it never apears on export.

So I see no problem there.

Andrew, if it is not a bug then how do you explain the fact that in 4.1.x versions and earlier there was no "pixelization" in the UV Texture Editor? Please, take a look:

4.1.11:

post-12523-0-92704300-1442672376_thumb.g

4.5.16:

post-12523-0-42191000-1442672381_thumb.g

Now it is difficult to determine borders of UV islands without enabling wireframe.

Edited by ajz3d

Andrew, if it is not a bug then how do you explain the fact that in 4.1.x versions and earlier there was no "pixelization" in the UV Texture Editor? Please, take a look:

4.1.11:

attachicon.giftexture_editor_4-1-11.gif

4.5.16:

attachicon.giftexture_editor_4-5-16.gif

Now it is difficult to determine borders of UV islands without enabling wireframe.

Maybe I am wrong, but eventually the tecnique for managing textures changed in the meantime?

• Reputable Contributor

Maybe I am wrong, but eventually the tecnique for managing textures changed in the meantime?

It was like that off and on, in 4.1, because I showed it to Andrew. He just blew it off, because it was just cosmetic ugliness and didn't affect the final result. Sometimes there would be no pixelation, and other times, you'd see it. Needs to be fixed, regardless, cause it's a HUGE eyesore to have to ignore while you are working on the textures all day.