3DCoat Forums

3d coat send to maya ?

Daleatron

Hi people. So i have been painting some 3d work in this and had some thing looking fantastic, then i went to try get into maya but i loose all the texture work and have to assign all the textures back to different places but i get a bit lost as it has these metalic and roughness files etc, is there nothing for this program as in mudbox where you simple choose to send it to maya ? i have seen stuff in google and found an old topic here for this but its so out of date and didnt seem to work or show up in the program.

has anyone got a work around for this or can point in the direction of some thing that would work ? 

thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It doesn't work for me on maya 2016 sp4.

Importing:

# Error: RuntimeError: file E:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 641: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
line 1: AttributeError: file E:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 1027: 'module' object has no attribute 'MStatus'

Exporting:

# Error: RuntimeError: file E:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 662: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
line 1: AttributeError: file E:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/bin/plug-ins/3dc_connector.py line 911: 'module' object has no attribute 'MStatus'