3DCoat Forums

3DCoat + Wacom Tablet Zooming

DaveMW

Go to solution Solved by DaveMW,

• Contributor

Greetings  and welcome to the community.

From your tablet setup (control panel -->  wacom)  change the pan and zoom and assign them to the desired buttons.

Sensitivity can also be adjusted.

Hey thanks for the response. I have remapped the buttons several times it's more along the lines of the act of zooming. It's like it doesn't understand whether to zoom in or out so I just get this jiggle back and forth. I'll try reinstalling the drivers and adjusting the sensitivity. 

Do people actually use wacom tablets in 3DCoat?

Exclusively use a tablet. I never use a mouse with 3DC.

Fwiw the issue you're reporting is the first I've heard of it. What OS, tablet and video card are you using?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Contributor

Same here , only tablet.

This problem if i remember and understand correctly i had it too.

I stopped the pen windows service and it stopped but that was the very first issue i had with 3d coat (pen issue in general).

• Advanced Member

Fwiw the issue you're reporting is the first I've heard of it. What OS, tablet and video card are you using?

No, I have this too (it started in versions after 4.5), without hardware changes or recent modification of Windows services. It is a very massive malfunction, one simply can't work without proper Zoom Funktion. I reported in the Beta thread.

• Advanced Member

I have used my Wacom Bamboo for the last five years, working great with 3dcoat . Though i have also had intermitant probs with the windows services( though not for ages now).

What used to happen with me was that when I switched on my computer a little square would pop up that said "Tablet Driver Not Loaded" or something similar . The pen would sort of still work but not go to the edge of the screen.I finally figured out if I went to windows services I could restart from there. But generally my little Bamboo is great.( two of the little lights on it dont work now ! but I think the buttons still do, but I never use them anyway....)

In a semi-related question... how do you guys set up your wacom pen to navigate with 3DCoat? If I have the default 3DCoat navigation, and the default Pen settings, I can Orbit and Zoom, but I cannot Pan. With the mouse, panning is a MMB function. So I'm wondering how you have it set up. I'm coming from Zbrush land. I'm not asking for the same functionality as that, just what you guys prefer.

Thanks in advance!

-ShaneO

P.S... If you are tired of the constant windows tablet popups, rings, flicks, and all of those annoyances... someone wrote a great little script to get rid of it all

• Reputable Contributor

In a semi-related question... how do you guys set up your wacom pen to navigate with 3DCoat? If I have the default 3DCoat navigation, and the default Pen settings, I can Orbit and Zoom, but I cannot Pan. With the mouse, panning is a MMB function. So I'm wondering how you have it set up. I'm coming from Zbrush land. I'm not asking for the same functionality as that, just what you guys prefer.

Thanks in advance!

-ShaneO

P.S... If you are tired of the constant windows tablet popups, rings, flicks, and all of those annoyances... someone wrote a great little script to get rid of it all

I have the stylus button closest to the user/eraser assigned the MMB and it works pretty well.

• Advanced Member

Hey Shane,

I'm not sure if it will help, but make sure you have your navigation settings as follows in 3D Coat.  You can find the settings in the Camera dropdown.  Camera-->Customize Navigation  Then make sure you have one setting that is RMB + LMB is set to Move in Screen Space.

post-3280-0-92806200-1446160880_thumb.jp

post-3280-0-30280000-1446160882_thumb.jp

• Like 1