3DCoat Forums

Michaelgdrs

• Contributor

Greetings Rubick , 

yes i update them when possible or necessary.

I was putting dates but for some reasons users where getting confused , so i now send emails when i update something or gumroad auto sends them most of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

HUGE THANK YOU TO 3D COAT , this collection took me in a fanstastic journey inside (remote work to be precise) of one of the biggest Game studios around .

For the last 6 months i was hired by one of the biggest studios for an upcoming AAA game for PC and Consoles.

My job was to make procedural skins and specifically a super light Substance Painter material that could be used in several in game characters at the same time but with different skin results on screen.

Managed to push in the workflow , 3D Coat for Retopo and painting on my Team and Instant Light (ended up creating a custom version for the studio only , all features will be transferred in the commercial IL as well when i get the ok from them) , for render / baking the screen results on the characters (unrevealed feature in current BETA)

Things turned out super good and i got the OK to sell the first skin material version (slightly modified) i did for them (did totally 3 versions).

Just uploaded to Gumroad and added as free to the subscription as well.

Enjoy!!!

https://gumroad.com/products/gMjka

preview_cover_advance_skin.jpg

3d_coat_previews.jpg

quixel_suite_previews.jpg

Substance_Painter_Preview.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

These are really awesome materials. Already grabbed a few and I'll be getting great use out of them for many of my models. Do you take any ideas for future materials? I'd love to see like rubber with different tiling patterns (for like grips and such) and maybe some digital camo materials with urban colors (desert, jungle, urban, fall, winter etc).

• Like 1

• Contributor

Greetings Mystical , 

first of all thank you for the support and kind words.

Yes i take ideas and orders as well , there are 2 collections for camo materials already , will update them shortly.

Maaaaaaany new collections are coming up shortly...

• Like 1

• Contributor

Nature smart materials for 3D Coat , Substance Designer Templates , Substance Painter - Player .sbsar Substance Designer NATURE Templates Substance Painter ,sbsar for materials Substance Player sbsar for textures. TEMPLATES QUALITY ARE HEAVILY BASED ON THE BASE TEXTURES YOU WILL USE. Photobased or scanned based works as well.

https://gumroad.com/products/IoWAz

cover.jpg

3d_coat_preview.jpg

How_To_USE.jpg

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 1

• Contributor

A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE COMMUNITY FOR THE SUPPORT

preview_cover.jpg

LIFETIME ONE TIME PAYMENT SUBSCRIPTION TO EVERYTHING WE CREATE

-(Instant Light WILL BE GIVEN AS GIFT TO THE FIRST 50 , ONLY TO THE FIRST 50 ) -

ONE TIME PAYMENT ACCESS FOR LIFETIME

YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING THIS FROM THE START WE NOW GIVE IT TO YOU

As simple as that , get them all for LIFETIME.

(Current subscribers , can be transferred on this LIFETIME collection for a small fee.)

FOR CURRENT 2015 - 2016 - 2017 SUBSCRIBERS :

SEPARATE EMAIL WITH DIFFERENT LINK HAS BEEN SEND YESTERDAY INCLUDES AN OFFER TO UPGRADE TO THIS PACKAGE 

• Contributor

81 seamless custom MMORPG  PBR accurate SMART MATERIALS FOR 3D COAT

and 66 detailed 2d grass

(can be used in other applications as well)

(game engines optimised made for low - mid poly MMORPG environment creation varies in pixels )

5 x soil under

35 x base plates

3 x pebbles

12 x grass damaged

13 x grass fine

66 x grass details (2d)

4 x dusts

9 x rocks

UNLIMITED COMBINATIONS CAN BE CREATED

https://gumroad.com/products/qxXy

preview_cover_MMORPG.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie to 3d painting and I highly recommend anyone with 3dcoat considers getting his collections, I have bought 4 in total now and they are all excellent.  I thought 3dcoat was very good before but now I've got Michael's smart materials added to it it's just amazing, a real pleasure to use.  Looking forward to seeing what new collections get added in the future!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Mixed Nature Materials 1 /3

Added to Lifetime Subscription and 2015 - 2017 collection

https://gumroad.com/l/gJmjK

michael-bitsakis-preview-cover-mixed-nat

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Contributor

Added as free to the 50 Subscribers collection !!!

Added as free to the lifetime one time payment subscription !!!

NEW REALISTIC PLASTICS COLLECTION 

32 seamless custom Realistic Plastic  PBR accurate SMART MATERIALS FOR 3D COAT plus 2 *sbsar Advance Plastic and Plastic Matte - Gloss

6 categories

plastic clean damaged

plastic clean glossy

plastic clean glossy damaged

plastic clean matte

plastic null

plastic null glossy

michael-bitsakis-preview-cover-realistic

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Cloth / Fabric High Quality wrinkles i made with Procedural Cloth Engine in Instant Light

during the internal testing on the upcoming  PR2 release.

Fabric Wrinkles , smart materials , brushes and alphas
MADE WITH PROCEDURAL CLOTH ENGINE OF INSTANT LIGHT 
(Upcoming Instant Light PR2 1.02 36) https://www.artstation.com/p/yqqOx

https://gumroad.com/products/CcvKy

michael-bitsakis-preview-cover-wringles.

michael-bitsakis-sculpted-alpha-details.

michael-bitsakis-il-procedural-cloth-eng

michael-bitsakis-sculpted.jpg?1491965015

michael-bitsakis-sculpted-baked.jpg?1491

michael-bitsakis-10.jpg?1491965420

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor
On 4/1/2017 at 8:38 AM, Michaelgdrs said:

Hey Michael, thanks for all the work done on this brush pack, but I have one small request, if I may. Could you please add a single downloadable zip folder with all the sub-folders in it and include all the associate IMAGE files?  The reason it's important on the user end, is that all the sharp edge brushes NEED to be blurred in Photoshop or some other image editing app, so users don't get those nasty jagged edges. 3D Coat currently creates some really nasty jagged edges/results when trying to sculpt with these brushes.

I noticed on some of them, when I RMB over the alpha > Edit in PS > that they are very pixelated even though they are 512x512. That may be the cause of the pixelation. Andrew REALLY needs to increase that to 1024 x 1024, if not 2048 x 2048. The main reason I ask for the image files is I wanted to record a Quick Tip video about the best practices for getting crisp, clean results when trying to create these types of shapes on an object. To sculpt/extrude, the edges need to be really clean on the brush alpha. If they are jagged and pixelated, then it's impossible to get a clean result even if you LiveClay the heck out of the area. It will have to be blurred in PS, first, and saved. 

Even if the user has really crisp and clean brush alphas, it is still best to add a little bit of blurring to the edges. Obviously, it won't need to be blurred as much as a pixelated alpha, but it will prevent the need to subdivide as much. Thanks again, if you can help in this regard. It will help a lot of people as this is a must have set for anyone who uses 3D Coat. 

Brus alpha.jpg

• Like 1

• Contributor

Greetings Don , 

yes i noticed this on some as well BUT THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON VOXEL SCULPTING  , those brushes where mainly created for NORMAL painting.

90% of the models where sculpted in 3D Coat and imported as dense obj (drag and drop) to create the alphas and all got max 512 px

Will try upload the zip you are requesting hopefully by the end of the week.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Reputable Contributor
3 minutes ago, Michaelgdrs said:

Greetings Don , 

yes i noticed this on some as well.

90% of the models where sculpted in 3D Coat and imported as dense obj (drag and drop) to create the alphas and all got max 512 px

Will try upload the zip you are requesting hopefully by the end of the week.

I just sent Andrew an email, talking about this. One solution should be that the FADE ON EDGE option in the BRUSH OPTIONS panel..........should work. But it doesn't. If I needed to blur the edges, 3D Coat should have an option to do that, and that is what I would expect that FADE ON EDGE option to do. But it doesn't. :angry: Arrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

However, if we have the image files, at least we can create a GAUSSIAN BLUR Action in PS > run the BATCH utility to apply it to each file in a folder. I was in the process of recording how to do this, when I noticed that there were no image files. Only the .mclp files created by 3D Coat. 

• Like 1

• Contributor

I made the action already in PS and tested as well.

Yes it makes a difference , in any case i will upload the file for you as well and create a second file for all users to have with the blurred version.

For  FADE ON EDGE i am pretty sure it was working at some point , but it seems it broke.

• Contributor

Yeah ,thats unfortunately true , but it doesnt to it on all models , so it has to do with how modelling is done too  i suppose  , by the way  just re tried the   FADE ON EDGE BUT THIS TIME WITH SHARP SHAPE W/ ALL ALPHAS and it does makes a difference , not perfect but it helps.

I totally try to avoid sculpting with alphas on voxels , i prefer doing all the details on the normal painting. 

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Reputable Contributor

Interesting. FADE EDGES + SHARP SHAPE ALL ALPHAS doesn't seem to help here. I even increased the UV texture size to 4k, to see if that made any difference, and it didn't. The alphas need to be fairly clean, and some of the brush alphas in the NUTS AND BOLTS 1 folder, are very rough (heavily pixelated). A slight amount of Gaussian blur might make a major difference, but ultimately, Andrew needs to increase the maximum brush size, in that 3D Brush panel, to 1024 & 2048.149207505133.jpg

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

IMO, Brushes are the main vehicle for getting things done, in 3D Coat. In fact, he originally called the app "3D BRUSH"...but changed it soon after, to keep from sounding like a ZBrush knock-off and/or avoid naming infringement. At any rate, Andrew should do everything he can possibly do to make BRUSHING in 3D Coat impeccable in every way. From brush feel, performance and especially accurate application of brush alpha's. In this regard, it falls far short of that, and needs to be addressed ASAP.

• Like 2

• Contributor

55 seamless custom ULTRA REALISTIC LAYERED DAM/ED / WEAT/RED Metals PBR accurate SMART MATS FOR 3D COAT

Categories : Rusted , Painted , Bare , Bronze and Copper

https://gumroad.com/products/tPDNU

https://www.artstation.com/p/4eVkW

michael-bitsakis-preview-cover-ultra-rea

• Like 1