3DCoat Forums

Re-Export UV's

herve_bis

Go to solution Solved by digman,

• Advanced Member

Hello, I have imported in the sculpt room a mesh with uv's and a map

It was just to smooth some areas.. but now when I try to re-export it... it has lost it's UV..

Is there a way to export it with its UV..?

I also could not find in the docs (might be hidden) wht is exactly the Use of Import UV and Export UV in the paint room

TY

h/

• Reputable Contributor

Correct, the Sculpt room does not keep the uv set information. The Tweak room does keep uv information for models that are either baked or directly imported into the paint room.

Your workflow information is somewhat limited...

Is that a high polygon model with a uv set, low polygon model... What kind of map, Texture, normal, displacement...  Does the new smoothing need to baked into the map... etc,etc..

More information is needed to answer your question...

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

Thanks for adding more detail information on your workflow, it helps in giving a possible solution quicker.

Since this is a higher polygon count model, test importing the scanned model into the paint room (per pixel ) keeping the uvs.. Switch to the Tweak room. Use the smoothing tool ( set percentage of smoothing to what you need).

In the Tweak room, it is smoothing the polygons, not just a normal map smoothing...

Under the View menu, choose "Relief Only" so you will not have your textures in way while you smooth.

Now return to the paintroom.

Check your texture in that area.

Next do the exporting as usual. File menu / Export objects and Textures.

Try the above method and see if it works in this case. 

Edit:

The picture I uploaded shows a 1.5 million polygon model imported for PPP ( no textures only showing the smoothing)

The above method I discussed is what I used to smooth the mesh...

I think I imported up to a 4 million polygon model for PPP before.

Go to the 10:40 mark in the below video, AbnRanger discusses the tweak room here. He only briefly touches on the uses but you will get the idea.

post-518-0-08418700-1448042233_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman