3DCoat Forums

[Solved] odd behavior (grow brush only)

Hirazi Blue

Go to solution Solved by Hirazi Blue,

Not having tried 3D Coat for a while now, I just reinstalled it on a new computer (version “4.5.19 (CUDA)” both DX64 as GL64) only to find some weird behavior. When I start voxel sculpting with a mere cube, the moment I activate one of the “Voxel Tools” the cube disappears. And when I start with a sphere I only seem to be able to use the “grow” brush as none of the other brushes act any differently... I must be doing something horribly wrong, but cannot figure out what, so any help would be more than welcome. When I try “Paint UV Mapped Mesh (Per-Pixel)" all I get is a result similar to the “grow” brush, i.e. no painting, just adding of geometry. The attached image shows what I mean concerning the "Paint Room".

post-1145-0-22453300-1448797483_thumb.pn

Edited by Hirazi Blue

• Advanced Member

Did you click 'Apply' to the cube when you imported it as a voxel (converts the poly primitive to a voxel object), and did you increase the voxel resolution of the voxel layer before hitting Apply (gives the voxel layer enough resolution to hold voxels)?

Yes, I did, but it still only adds geometry even if I try to use some other brush. And the weirdness in the "Paint Room" remains a mystery as well...

edit: I think I have figured out what went wrong in the "Paint Room", this was a stupid NOOB error, not having tried 3d coat for so long rears its ugly head, I hadn't taken the "depth modulator" into account, but the problem in Voxel Sculpt persists, all brushes seem to give the same result.

Edited by Hirazi Blue

• Advanced Member

Yes, I did, but it still only adds geometry even if I try to use some other brush. And the weirdness in the "Paint Room" remains a mystery as well...

edit: I think I have figured out what went wrong in the "Paint Room", this was a stupid NOOB error, not having tried 3d coat for so long rears its ugly head, I hadn't taken the "depth modulator" into account, but the problem in Voxel Sculpt persists, all brushes seem to give the same result.

Righto. Glad to see you got the problem sorted.