3DCoat Forums

Is there a XMAS special upgrading 3.x to 4.x ?

GCL

Go to solution Solved by GCL,

Hello all, hope this message in right forum topic.

Just received an email on a Xmas discount for 3D Coat Pro $100 off and $20 off educational.

Is there any special for users of version 3.x having an upgrade special price?

That is, current price (everyday) at $99 but a discount would definitely sweeten the deal for those that haven't upgraded, yet.

Be on top of it in a minute. Just wondering.

• Reputable Contributor

It doesn't look like there is one...but if you plan to use it, a $15-20 discount shouldn't compel you either way.

http://3dcoat.com/buy/

The PBR tech is just flat out amazing...was doing some tests with PBR map output to 3ds Max, using Mental Ray and iRay, and it kind of knocked my socks off...just how close the PBR viewport rendering in 3D Coat is to the physically-based iRay render is. It truly is a WYSIWYG workflow. This means you can pretty much lock down the look development of your model right inside of 3D Coat and don't have to spend needless time messing with different materials and settings in your 3D app.

Just plug your exported maps into the right map channels in your 3D apps materials and you're pretty much good to go. The Retopo Room is getting some major lover, right now, too. Some tools that pretty much let you poly-model inside the Retopo room with a decent level of competency. It's a massive leap forward from V3, so it's worth every single penny.

Thanks, I know how good the program is. Actually a $15-20 discount would sway me to upgrade. When your limited on cash resources (especially those starting out), every little bit helps.

I thought anywhere from 20%-50% would be an attractive price point.

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks, I know how good the program is. Actually a $15-20 discount would sway me to upgrade. When your limited on cash resources (especially those starting out), every little bit helps.

I thought anywhere from 20%-50% would be an attractive price point.

You could always e-mail sales@3dcoat.com and mention that. Maybe they'll add a discount for the upgrade as well

• Advanced Member

Hello all, hope this message in right forum topic.

Just received an email on a Xmas discount for 3D Coat Pro $100 off and $20 off educational.

Is there any special for users of version 3.x having an upgrade special price?

That is, current price (everyday) at $99 but a discount would definitely sweeten the deal for those that haven't upgraded, yet.

Be on top of it in a minute. Just wondering.

Upg. to V4
$79
$20 off