3DCoat Forums

Enjoying 3D Coat, possible to use Keyshot?

moriturimax

I have tried to export some stuff out to Keyshot as obj files, but the materials do not carry over, and I can't even seem to figure out how to get ALL the objects to go out.  It only ever exports the selected object.

I did see someone had used Keyshot in the Gallery, but no idea how they managed it.  Is there a tutorial for the sequence of events to generate all the texture data and pass it through to the obj?

Thanks.  Wonderful program.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Greetings and welcome to the community.

You need to work with gloss specular or roughness metalness i dont know exactly as i haven't upgraded Keyshot for more than 2 or 3 years now.

Textures --> textures import export workflow ans select gloss color specular or the roughness metalness 

For exporting 3d models and textures  from paint room  just hit

File --> export objects and textures 

• Reputable Contributor

Its in paint room!!!

I think he is trying to export the high poly object, and perhaps doesn't realize that one typically uses a low-poly mesh with all the high-poly details baked onto a normal/displacement map > apply UV's to the low-poly mesh > bake to the Paint Room > apply/paint textures > export.

One can export the high poly obejcts from the Sculpt room (FILE > EXPORT > EXPORT SCENE), but Keyshot might get bogged down and I doubt they have vertex maps to use on high-poly sculpts

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2015 at 0:11 PM, moriturimax said:

File --> export objects and textures

I can't find this option in 3DCoat... it only has an option for current object... which seems like it would be horrible if you have 100+ objects toi export to something like Keyshot..

I dont know much about 3D coat, but I do know that there is vertex painting and ptex painting. I don't think we can export these type of painted data out of 3D coat as they are not uv mapped. are you using a UV mapped pixel painting method? I might be wrong, I am new to it too.