3DCoat Forums

polygroups in 3Dcoat like zbrush ?

Mr.Panka

• Reputable Contributor

Are you talking about the sculpt room or the retopo room?

The split tool in the sculpt room is the closest to the polygroups in ZBrush I would say. 

In the sculpt room using the split tool each selection will be separated to it's own vox / surface mode layer.Use the splines from the e-panel to split. 

Each layer can be saved / exported separately.

In the retopo room you can separate the retopo model into different sections by using different retopo objects layers. This has no effect in the sculpt room only the retopo room.

Each layer can be exported separately.

The attached image which is not shown for quality splits, but just to show you the result in the sculpt room. For quality spits choose a better spline like the close spline tool. also be in ortho mode when spliting

If you do not want the new layers to be children of the parent split layer, change them to the main root layer as parent.

Creating armor, clothes or accessories would use a different tool, like the Vox Layer tool...

post-518-0-88663200-1453657869_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

@Digman: Polygroups keeps the mesh altogether.

You can save/load both Freeze selections and Pose tool selections : pose via Tool options and Freeze via Freeze menu.

Yes, I know this, just giving the user something to work with... Might or not meet his need. You added some more information, though both ways in 3DC still are not polygroups in the Zbrush sense.

Edited by digman

Thanks Digman and Hartman !

Split tool and and saving freeze selections are not really the same. I'll change the way I work and I'll be OK, I don't need polygroups.

Is there any discussions about adding a way to have selections saved on the mesh (like polygroups), instead of in a file ?