3DCoat Forums

Crash when using Calculate Occlusion in version 4.5

I recently upgraded to version 4.5, and everything seems to work fine except for the Calculate Occlusion too.  As soon as I click that, before it prompts for any settings it crashes with the errors shown in the attached images.  It doesn't matter what is in the file, even if it is empty.  I am running Windows 7, with a Geforce GTX 760.  It crashes on everything version of the application (OpenGL, DirectX, with or without CUDA, etc).

I tried uninstalling and deleting all of the leftover files/folders in the default Users/My Documents directory to see if perhaps some setting or preference file was causing the issue, but that did not fix the issue.

I also attached the bug report information that was generated after the crash.  Possibly relevant, after reading through the bug report there a few things that it is attempting to load, but those files don't seem to existing on my hard drive where the loading path says they ought to.

post-38949-0-72628700-1455666487_thumb.p

post-38949-0-59808200-1455666488_thumb.p

CrashInfo.txt

• Reputable Contributor

I also see a Intel Graphic card listed in the crash report...  3DC does not seem to like Intel chipsets...

Can you disable the intergrated Intel graphics card in bios or disable from the control panel (Control Panel > Hardware/Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click on Intel HD 4000 or whatever your card is and disable it.

Then try running the calculate occlusion again. Worth at least a test...

Edited by digman
  • Like 1