3DCoat Forums

kenmo

• Advanced Member

This is my interpretation of a typical American hot rod. Hot rods originated in southern California when returning WWII soldiers wanted to create an American equivalent of the light and nimble sports cars of Europe (MGs, Alfa Romeos, etc). Suped up engines mostly V8s were swapped in place of the original motors. To help improve performance body parts were often removed. Fenders, bumpers, hoods, running boards were often shed to increase the horsepower to weight ratio of the vehicle.

In this image I used a late 1920s, early 1930s sedan body as the basis for the car. Powered by a early model Ford flathead V8 which
is supercharged with three carburetors. The roof of the sedan has been chopped to reduce it's height.

I created the car from scratch using 3D modeling apps. The bulk of the modeling was done in Hexagon 3D and Silo 3D. For UV mapping I used 3DCoat. Textures were created in Photoshop and applied in Vue Complete 2015, where the scene was  rendered.

26176181694_478240102a_b.jpg

26197458003_11189ea374_b.jpg

And a NPR render
26195985504_e4ae7a59a3_b.jpg

I masked out the background from the render and substituted a paper texture in Photoshop...

Loving 3DCoat for UV mapping and texturing, although for this model I did not use 3DC for texturing. Only UVing...

Hoping I posted this to the proper section here....

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 4