3DCoat Forums

Export Diffuse Option Not Available?

Josh Calloway

Hey everyone! New 3D coat user here. I'm creating a new skin for a model and running into some issues trying to finalize all the files.

I have a model that has 3 separate UV maps from the original FBX file I received. I used PBR smart materials in the paint mode to paint new color and material textures in 3DCoat. After the fact I found out I need to export a non - PBR version. Here are the points I'm trying to resolve for my art director.

1. If I used PBR smart materials is there a way to export a non PBR version?

2. When I try to export an emissive layer on its own the unused areas end up grey or white, is there a way to change those unused areas to black?

3. The file I was given has 3 separate UV sets so when I export I get 3 texture sets, one for each UV. Is there a way to merge all the UV sets into one so each map covers the entire model?

4. I'm trying to export a diffuse map by using the Textures -> Export menu similar to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yct8idcmKR8 (around minute 2:35).

When I open the export menu though I don't see any options for diffuse, normal, specular like he has. I've attached a pic of what I'm seeing. Does it matter that I used smart materials to paint on the model?

So ideally in the end I would have only 4 TGA files to hand in. A diffuse map, specular, normal, and one image containing Gloss, Specular Power, Opacity Mask in the single image.

I appreciate any help or insight provided!

3D Coat View.jpg